Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Aden and Anais

Worth the hype or over priced? The blankets seem super soft and light weight but $55 for 4 seems a bit crazy.

DS #1 born 12.3.13
BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Aden and Anais

• Options
    They are amazing. Check Amazon and Target for sales. I got my set for around 35.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    I love mine . I got mine on amazon for $35 for four . There super soft and great for the summer .
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They're cheaper at BRU and Target. I actually have 9 of them, and we use them for everything! They are the perfect size and weight for swaddling, car seat cover, burp rag in a pinch, and I use them at my mom/baby yoga class to put over the blanket provided for DD to lie on.
    Me:32 dx anovulation, unknown reason DH:41
    4 cycles Clomid=No O, 6 total cycles of Femara + Ovidrel
    BFP #1 3/14/12 EDD 11/21/12 MC 3/23/12 5w3d Back to TTC Femara + Ovidrel April/May 2012 
    BFP #2 5/19/12 EDD 1/27/13 No hb @ 7w1d 6/11/12 1st dose cytotec 6/18/12 8w1d 
    RPL panel: MTHFR compound heterozygousStarted folic acid/baby aspirin, cleared to TTC 9/12BFP #3 10/25/12 EDD 7/9/13 Beta #1 13DPO 119 Beta #2 15DPO 264 
    Baby E born 7/8/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really like them, but I wouldn't pay $55. I got mine as gifts. (Maybe you will too?) I've seen knock off versions at Marshall's and tjmaxx.
  • Options
    The boutique version is great. They are excellent quality and they don't have to be swaddles. Lots of people get years of use out of them as stroller blankets, crib blankets for toddlers and even a park blanket etc. I think they are worth it.
  • Options
    DS is 2.5 and still uses these as lightweight blankets. I have loved them.
  • Options
    Love them.
    imageimage

Me 33 DH 36 Together 10 years, Married 5 years

TTC #1 since 8/2007 with MFI
    November 2012 - IVF w/ ICSI #1; 11/28/12 - ER 12 eggs! 11 fertilized! 12/3/12 - ET - transferred 1 AA Blastocyst
    Charlotte Hannah -born 8/13/13.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I got mine on sale for 35$ for a pack of 4 on Amazon. I don't think they're worth 55+. They're nice blankets, but I didn't find them that great for swaddling. They are nice and big so you can cover the car seat, use them on the ground, etc and my son sleeps with one in his crib, but I see lots of knock off muslin blankets that look just as good to me. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    They are fantastic! The items sold at BRU, BBB, and target are lower quality fabric than the boutique Aden & Anais items.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    Totally worth the hype. We received ours as gifts, but I have since given a+a blankets as gifts since we love them so much. Perfect for everything!
    div style="text-align: center;">

• Options
    They are fabulous, especially for my summer baby who was born last year when it was over 100 degrees most days for a while. It covered him without overheating him. Hunt around the Internet, you can find some good deals.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is probably the most used baby item I have. We only used them for swaddling for a couple weeks, before he grew into the swaddleme. Now we use them for everything, burp cloth, blanket, car seat cover etc. They are high quality and so far have not torn or stained. I also give them as gifts at baby showers now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Feb 2016 Siggy Challenge, Favorite Thing About Fall
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They are awesome. FYI, I snagged a 4-pack at my Target yesterday for $27! That's the best price I've ever seen for them.
    i  d o  |  0 6 . 0 7 . 0 8
    s o p h i a  |  0 8 . 1 8 . 0 9 |  8  l b s  4  o z
    e m m y  |  0 2 . 1 1 . 1 4 |  8  l b s  1 0  o z
  • Options
    I love them! I got the four pack for $35 from Amazon as well. We ended up with six of them and I'm wishing we had more. We use them for just about everything and go through one or two a day.
    Anniversary

• Options

How many do you guys recommend having? I have 5 and just got another pack of 4 at my shower. Debating on whether or not to return them...

I have 4 and that's more than enough for us.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    Ya they are awesome!! I got a great deal at the Nordstroms half yearly on the bamboo ines. They are so soft and cuddly. Just keep an eye out for sales. If you can afford it I would go for the Boutique ones, but if not the Target ones will due.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Worth the hype. Over and over again. Love it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The boutique by my house has them for $13 for one, which I think is a great price. They also have 2 on display:the boutique version and the target version. The target one has less layers and is 2" (or around there) smaller on all sides. I definitely suggest a boutique one. DS didn't like to be swaddled but it's still a great blanket. I love how huge it is
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    The A&A boutique swaddle blankets are 3" larger than the ones sold in other stores.  47x47 vs 44x44, that being said the 44x44 is more than big enough to swaddle an infant.  I had 8 (2- 4 packs) for my son and already picked up 2 -4 packs for my soon to be daughter.   My son loves his and now uses them as a blankey.  The really great thing is air flow if one accidentally ends up over a face, they can still breathe.  My houdini could get out of them when swaddled so we ended up  using Miracle Blankets then Halo sacks with no loose blankets until he was about 18 months.
    If you shop at Kohls and have their card check Kohls online, they sell the 4 packs for 34.95 as well as some other stuff.  I bought mine with a 30% kohls code and saved $10.49 off each pack.  

Pregnancy%20ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    I can't wait to get these!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have the boutique and the amazon. I don't like thee boutique as much! They don't stay swaddled as well in them. JMO!
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards