Preemies
Options

is it helpful to see the high risk doctor before you start on number 2?

My baby was born at 32 weeks when my water broke unexpectedly.  It's almost a year later and we're thinking about number 2.  After DD 1 was born, everyone gathered around to look at my placenta--it was "weird."  It had two lobes and some other non-specific abnormalities.  The doctors and NICU residents took photos because it was so weird.  But in the end, the pathology didn't really tell us anything, as least as far as the doctors and Dr. Google could provide.  At my follow-up appointment they said, "you should see the high risk doctor if you decide to have another baby, or after you get pregnant again."  Well...which is it?  A couple days after the birth, a doctor suggested perhaps they would want to do a "dye study" but I'm not sure this is necessary--I mean, I was able to carry a baby to 32 weeks, and she's healthy and was 5 lbs 6 oz when she arrived.  Since I don't even know how easy it will be to get pregnant again and it takes a while to get in with the high risk person, I'm wondering if I should just get started...

Re: is it helpful to see the high risk doctor before you start on number 2?

• Options
    vsalt31vsalt31 member
    edited October 2013
    I did bc I wanted as much info as possible BEFORE it there was no going back. It allowed my husband and I to make an educated decision about how we would proceed and what treatments are available.
    Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    megs2011megs2011 member
    edited October 2013

Listening in.

My Doctor (not OB) said that I wouldn't even need to see a HR OB unless I wanted to. She said my OB would just have to keep a very close eye on me with more monitoring and b/w, u/s etc. I'm not sure which route I'll go though. She said she would refer me where ever I want to go (whether to my regular OB or a HR OB).

I should add in here that I asked to talk to a HR OB about my chances of getting HELLP/PRE-E again and she answered my questions and said I didn't need to go talk to a HR OB.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    IM going to see one due to the pre-e and HELLP syndrome just to cover my bases.
  • Options
    I did see my MFM before trying again. She answered all my questions about likelihood of outcomes & we made a plan for how to adress my incompetent cervix during future pregnancies. It gave me a huge piece of mind, so for me it was a great thing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"