Birth Stories
Options

Prim Rose Oil

Did it do anything? What's your story?

Re: Prim Rose Oil

• Options

It did nothing for me, but as it turns out nothing was going to help me. I just wouldn't dilate and had an emergency c/s.

But my doctor said it wouldn't hurts, so you could give it a try if you want to. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    kdjuddkdjudd member
    I used it every day. By the time I went into labor I was 8 days early and already 5cms dilated.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been taking it religiously since 37weeks. 3 tablets of 1300. I could take a fourth vaginally at night but just not comfortable doing it. Currently I am over due by almost a week. I am 70% effaced but not really dilated a fingertip basically. Don't know if the EPO had anything to do with my thinning. I figure it doesn't hurt. I am just ready for this baby already.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have heard of many women eating 5-6 dates a day instead of using prim rose oil. The dates can make you dilate faster. My Midwife suggested doing this the month you are expecting to have the baby. DO NOT eat more then 5-6. She had a patient who blended multiple dates into a smoothie every morning ( despite the midwife's warning) and she ended up have a 3 hour labor. VERY INTENSE. So for your own sake and sanity please don't go crazy with it.lol. 
  • Options
    I can't give you an official "yes" or "no" bec I am 37wks now. However, at 36wks I was 1cm and "thick". The next week I was 1cm and 70%. So some good progress! I take 2000mg in the AM and 1000mg in the PM. Keep in mind hat EPO helps with effacement (thinning) and not necessarily dilation. I am also drinking 4 cups of red rasp leaf tea/day and have been since 32wks.
    8.7.04 Married the Man
    7.16.11 Welcomed the Boy (#1)
    8.19.13 Welcomed the Boy (#2)

• Options
    I'll try this when I'm at 37 weeks. Way too early right now!!
    Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!
  • Options
    I used it starting at 37 weeks, I don't know how much of my birth success I can attribute to it, but I labored for about 11 hours and being soft 100% was what helped move that progression. 

image image  image  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes! Absolutely worked for me. I started taking EPO along with some kind of organic pregnancy tea at 40 weeks and I went into labor 2 days later. Coincidence? Perhaps, but I really feel like it moved things along for me. I will definitely use it again in future pregnancies.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"