2nd Trimester
Options

When is TOO late?

Lately I've been meaning to buy something for the baby but I've failed to do so, I am now 24weeks and 3days and I still havent started, should i be as worried as i am? 

Re: When is TOO late?

• Options
    No way. You have plenty of time. Not to mention you'll likely get a truck load of loot if you're having a baby shower. 
  • Options
    Don't you watch I didn't know I was pregnant?
    Those people run out and but everything while the mom is still in the hospital!
    So I think you are fine;)

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You have months still
  • Options
    I would just get a packnplay or order a crib. I went into labr at 31 weeks and I had a crib and that was it. But send my husband out when I was in the hospitla to buy the car seat. So if you don't have anything you can always get it later. But stocking up on necessities are always good

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    Im a little behind you but I feel the same!  I feel like I should start now!  With twins I worry about preterm labor or bedrest!
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC SINCE 7/2010, BFP-10/2010 ended in miscarriage 11/2010 : (.....
    Progesterone level 4/2011= 11.29. SA normal. HSG normal.
    8/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 35,
    10/11 Clomid 50mg =BFN progesterone level 31,
    11/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 12,
    12/11 Clomid 50mg=Progesterone 31
    01/12-Break from meds-BFN
    Feb-cd3 blood work FSH(5), AMH(0.56) 02/12 Break....
    03/01/12-Clomid 50mg with IUI #1=BFN.
    04/01/12-Another round of clomid with IUI#2=BFN.
    5/8/12-Diagnostic Laparoscopy-found minimal endometriosis and small fibriod.
    June and July-much needed break
    August-Bravelle 75 with IUI#3- BFN
    September-Bravelle injects with IUI #4-BFP!! MC 10/7/12 : ( Sonohysterogram-Normal
    December- Bravelle(3 good follicles & E2 1252) with IUI#5 BFFN :*(
    July IVF #1- BFP! : )  Beta #1-245, #2- 703, #3- 1655, #4- 3553 YAY!  Praying and Praying this one sticks around!
                      1st U/S scheduled for Aug 23rd!  
    Twins!!
    We are having a BOY & a GIRL !!

• Options
    You will be fine. I didn't have a shower and I didn't buy anything (except a car seat and crib) before the baby was born - this was due to tradition. I created an amazon wish list for the essentials and hit the send button when I went into labor. We had everything we needed. Don't worry, it's not too late.
    image image image Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    This makes me feel better, I haven't purchased a single item yet. Luckily we have almost everything we need from baby #1, but I'll get my butt into gear eventually (maybe around 30 weeks) :)

• Options
    The most important thing is a carseat to get the baby home, a place for them to sleep and some diapers.  =)  But like others said, if you go early someone can pick up a few of these while you're in the hospital.  You've got lots of time!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    You have plenty of time. The only thing I've been buying are diapers and wipes here and there.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't purchased anything and don't intend to until after Christmas.  By that time I will have had my shower and any Christmas presents. After that we will look at the registry and decide what else needs to be purchased.  I wouldn't worry too much about it yet.
  • Options
    The only thing you really might start thinking about buying is nursery furniture, if that's on your list. Our crib and dresser took took all of 12 weeks to come in.

I also ordered our car seat and bases around 24-28 weeks.

Amazon Prime = free 2 day shipping. Procrastinator's best friend.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yep, it's too late. Stores don't let you purchase anything after 24 weeks; it's a fact. You might be able to trick the system by buying online - just lie about your due date and say you're only 12 weeks pregnant when that question pops up at check-out.

Ily
    Rainbow Baby born 12/14/13

• Options
    I'm 22 weeks and so far I have a few outfits, crib, car seat, and stroller. I'm probably not going to get anything else until January. We have everything picked out but there's no rush. You have plenty of time still.
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't start shopping until 23+ weeks. I got a TON of stuff at some "mommy" sales- two giant indoor yard sales. I saved $250 and went to the sales with the intention of getting as much as I could for that allotment of money and I came home with a lot of "loot". I also had some very generous family and friends that started giving me items right around that time (stroller, almost new car seat, port-a-crib, clothes, etc). Otherwise I probably wouldn't have anything other than the items of clothing I have been knitting. I did want to get some things in order pretty early on because I live fairly far out in the country and running to the store to buy last minute items that we forgot won't be an option. Still, as my mom told me babies are remarkably adaptable- apparently I stayed in a drawer next to the bed when I first came home until they could afford a crib lol. I think as a general "rule", a crib and car seat are aways good to have- although you should check with your insurance company (both health and car) and/or hospital. They often have programs that give you a free car seat and sometimes a crib too. 
  • Options
    The only things you really need when baby is born is a car seat, onesies, diapers, wipes, and formula (if you choose to ff). You can have a place for baby to sleep also, but they may not like it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"