Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Avent bottles discolored

Hello ladies. Currently using Avent plastic bottles (BPA free)purchased brand new 1 month ago. I read they were dishwasher safe. Have noticed that they now have a yellow/orange tint to them, including the nipples. Has anyone else had this problem? Are they still safe to use?

Re: Avent bottles discolored

• i have seen some look like that, im assuming they are safe to use but i used them for over a year and washed them in the dishwasher once a day at least and never had that problem. call avent and ask would be my best advice, but i have defintley seen it happen before!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • elmoali said:
    That typically happens when you've washed them with something that had tomato sauce on it :)  

That darn tomota sauce is always messing up plastic dishes!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• I agree with the PPs. If you washed it with anything that had tomato sauce on it then that is probably the reason. I turned all of my bottles yellow because of that. I was so mad. lol
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • This happened to me, so I soaked them in a water vinegar mix, and it cleaned them up!
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Thanks ladies! I will try the water vinegar mix. Right now they just look rough
  • mommabmb said:
    This happened to me, so I soaked them in a water vinegar mix, and it cleaned them up!

My Avent bottles are also discolored. Did you use a particular ratio of water to vinegar? I want to try this!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"