April 2013 Moms

Baby trend car seat

This was going around FB & I felt it was important to share. I have never attempted to share a FB post on thebump so I hope it works.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201190283811834

A 6 month old was/is able to get free from her infant car seat restraint. When the family contacted baby trend they brushed them off saying there are not any current recalls. The video of how easy it is was scary! All of our babies are around this age! Please watch & share.
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Baby trend car seat

• ClandestineXClandestineX member
    edited October 2013
    That's weird. I have that exact type of buckle in the infant car seat we used for Connor (same brand too). I have actually hurt my hand and I think popped my finger out of socket because I thought I unlatched the chest buckle and pulled. It didn't unlatch because it did not budge. I think when you buy car seats make sure you check the buckles and straps and everything else because when things are made on assembly some parts can be smaller than others and in this case it looks like those car seats had a smaller than normal buckle part. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Did you see this update on FB from BabyTrend?

RESPONSE TO MODEL #CS41945 CAR SEAT CONCERN:
    The Baby Trend chest clip for car seat model #CS41945 is not defective. The 5-point harness buckle is what holds the harness together in a crash, and ensures the baby stays strapped into the car seat, not the chest clip. The harness buckle features a release force button so an adult can release the baby, but a child cannot.

The chest clip is designed as a pre-crash positioning device. This means, the clip holds the infant in place and has a release force button that is easier to eject than the harness buckle. If the car seat has moved from its original position inside the car, the chest clip is designed to release force more easily than the harness buckle in order for a parent or emergency responder to remove the baby.

The consumer video supplied is an occurrence that doesn’t happen during normal use with an infant strapped into the car seat and can only happen if the chest clip is bent backwards mid-air. If the harness is properly fitted and snugly adjusted to the child, the bending demonstrated in the video is impossible. This is because when a baby is secured in the car seat, the ends of the clip are being held down by the shoulder straps and cannot be pulled outward from the center.

Additionally, the car sear would function correctly in the event of a crash without the presence of a chest clip at all. A chest clip is not required by the Federal Motor Safety Standard 213 and this infant car seat can pass the federal crash-testing requirements without a chest clip. In Europe and other countries following the ECE R44 car seat standard, a chest clip is not used at all.

Baby Trend strives to surpass all safety guidelines and stands by all Baby Trend products. If you are still concerned about the chest clip for car seat model #CS4195, you can contact Baby Trend customer service at 1-800-328-7363 to answer additional questions or to request a replacement chest clip for this model.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"