December 2010 Moms

aw: month 1 checkup

I didn't want to post this on my new BMB because I know it could stress out moms with not-as-great checkups but I wanted to aw somewhere (and personally I don't think my FB wall is a good place for this kind of thing.) 

DD just had her one month checkup today and she grew 3.5 inches since birth! She was born at the 50th percentile but is now "off the chart" at 23 inches. She also gained more than 2.5 lbs since her lowest point. (born at 7lbs 5 oz, dropped to 6 lbs 9oz, and is now 9lbs 3oz.) I'm just so pleased because DS was NOT like this. He had a LOT of trouble feeding and gaining weight in the first two months of his life and he was born smaller than DD to begin with, so he was like in the 5th percentile at the equivalent appointment, even though he eventually went up to the 50th percentile by 6 mo or a year. I just can't believe we have a tall baby for a change! DD is fully out of the newborn clothes and the 0-3s are loose but actually the right length on her...she could be in 3-6 before she gets to 3 months at this rate. 

We didn't have any questions for the doctor because things are going so well with DD, except that we sort of wanted to ask about DS! He's doing ok-ish transitioning to being a big brother but we still have all sorts of issues with him (he's still not ready to potty train, DD's arrival coincided with waking up at night many nights, etc...) We told the doctor that DS is DD's greatest health risk! He is very affectionate with her but he is such a spaz that he's sometimes a bit much physically. But it will be his turn to see the doctor soon and we can ask more questions then. Can you believe that our kids are going to have their 3 yr old checkups soon? 

Thanks for letting me AW.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: aw: month 1 checkup

• Congrats on DD's awesome growth! I totally know what you mean about asking the dr. more about DS as a big brother than the newbie. My only questions at our 1-month appointment were about that, too!
  • That's awesome!

DS was great with DD at first, but that honeymoon is over! I call them frienemies bc he will be hugging & kissing her one second & then sitting on her or pushing her the next! Can't leave them alone for a second.

The best was today where he said, "I love you, Deanna, I'll take care of you, Deanna...sometimes". Lmao. That about sums it up!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • That's sooo awesome!  I hope it will be the same with our 2nd.  G was such a peanut and caused me such anxiety that I would love not to have to worry about it.  Congrats on your big girl!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • That is awesome! So happy to hear everything's going so well!

As a side note, my mind is blown that you have a one-month-old. I swear it was just yesterday you were getting your BFP. Crazy!
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • congrats!  both of ours were always in the "we are concerned about his weight" camp.  so i would be THRILLED with that appointment.  awesome!  one less thing to worry about is always fantastic.
  • As the mom of a peanut, I hope I get your experience.  Congrats on a great check-up.  And how is she already 1 month old?  Gah
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • That is awesome! And as shocked as I am that you have a one month old, I'm sitting here in complete disbelief that I have a 3 week old. Where does the time go???
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Thanks for your sweet messages and sorry about the post & run! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"