Pregnant after a Loss

Bonding with Bump?

I am thinking I need to start talking and bonding with baby now but I'm not sure how to go about it.  I feel a little weird just talking to my bump.  What are you ladies doing? Did you feel funny after first?  How did you get over it?  Any suggestions are appreciated.  TIA
BFP#1 02/19/12 missed mc 03/30/12 1st D&C 05/16/12 2nd D&C 08/17/12 
BFP #2 06/26/13 EDD 2/26/14 Hoping for my rainbow baby!
image Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

~~AL Always Welcome~~
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bonding with Bump?

• I don't really do anything to bond really.... I just feel like being happy about the pregnancy makes me feel good about it. Like today felt real kicks on the outside with my hand instead of just movement.... And I was really excited!!!
  • I just touch my tiny bump every once in a while, I do not really talk at all. I just find a physical connection works for me. :)

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel weird talking to Baby Boots, except when DH is around then we both talk to him.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• I sing out loud in the car which started helping me not feel so atupid at first and when the baby is moving around for the first time in the morning I try to greet him/her with a rub and a good morning little chat. And then before I go to bed I try to have a quick chat as well. BabyFruit Ticker
  • I find naming them something helps me feel a little more bonded.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• I sing in the car, read books to DS#1 and nursery rhymes so I feel like he always hears me even though I am not directly talking to him. I do rub my belly every morn and night to say good morning or good night too. I think it really depends on the person. Plus DH and DS#1 talk to him and rub my belly :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Friendship tickers
    TTC #2 Since October 2011
    RE testing results: DH- normal ME- DX:PCOS and One copy of MTHFR gene
    IUI#1 Sept/Oct 2012-Follistim, Ovidrel, Metformin, Baby Asprin, Lovenox, Crinone, and Neevo Beta 10/24=BFN
    No 2nd IUI but instead TI with Metformin, Baby Asprin, Neevo and Prometrium
    BFP #4 5/4/13-EDD 1/19/14- grow little one, grow!
    Beta #1@15DPO HCG-95, progesterone-25 Beta #4@24DPO HCG-2498, progesterone-30, 1st U/S 6mm,133BPM 2nd U/S 1.6cm, 167 BPM
    Chart
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~*~*~*~Everyone Welcome~*~*~*~
  • Thank you ladies.  I'm glad to know I'm not alone.  I sing aloud in the car, rub my belly, and say hi once in a while but that is all.  I wasn't sure if others were doing more.  Glad to know I'm "normal" in this area!  
    BFP#1 02/19/12 missed mc 03/30/12 1st D&C 05/16/12 2nd D&C 08/17/12 
    BFP #2 06/26/13 EDD 2/26/14 Hoping for my rainbow baby!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

~~AL Always Welcome~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I really thought that I would talk to my bump more than I do. I do talk to her from time to time, I do a lot of rubbing, and I sing when I'm home alone or in the car lol The signing thing is not new for me, so it wasn't an adjustment, just something that I do. I'm not really sure how to get over that awkwardness other than just going for it! Do it when you are alone so that you only feel silly to yourself. I think that it gets easier with some practice. 

• My LO really responds to touch, so I rub my belly a lot. She will kick and roll in response. By now, I can also feel her legs and stuff through my stomach! Earlier on, I just rubbed my bump and talked to her when we were alone. It's awkward at first, but at 33 weeks, she finally feels like a fully developed little person to me. She has personality and everything. It happens in time.

• I feel kind of awkward about it, too. If DH is around, sometimes we both talk to him. Otherwise, I just kind of occasionally tap or rub my belly. I think they're supposed to start being able to recognize voices around 28 weeks, so I'm thinking I might start reading out loud at night then. 
    imageimage
    BFP #1 08/05/12. EDD 4/15/13 m/c 08/27/12
    BFP #2 06/05/13. EDD 2/16/2014 (Team Blue). Baby Wombat born 2/20/2014 7lb. 11oz and 20 in.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"