Infertility

ER done, some weird side effects

Hi Ladies!

Got home around 2:00 or some from ER, really in a lot of pain! Using a heating pad right now. Going to take a vicadin later. I thought the anesthesia was supposed to go through my IV, but they put something up my nostrils and I mean, my sinuses are all screwed up, my eyes have watered and I have been sneezing and nose runny/stuffy ever since. Basically, I'm miserable! How 'bout anyone else. I really didn't think I would have this much pain. I don't know if I should have or not but I took a benadryl. Hasn't helped a whole lot. Guess that got my eggs and gave me a cold, who knows!!

Update on the retrieval itself. They only got 7 eggs. Be honest, is that good? I was disappointed. I was hoping for a least 10 or more. I read other posts were ladies have closer to 15/20 eggs. Little worried.

So, what about you ladies, this much pain, other side effects? Chances of having embryos out of 7 eggs?? Thanks ladies! 

Re: ER done, some weird side effects

• I hope you're feeling better soon! Rest up & FX for a good fert report tomorrow!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Sheesh!  I hope you are feeling better soon!  Make sure you are staying hydrated and eating well. 

IDK what your DX is, but we had 7 eggs retrieved as well at my last ER.  Anything between 6 and 12 is considered average at my clinic.  You can definitely have hope for embryos!  I hope your fert. report comes back great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck on your fert report! I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy :( I hope that rest helps you feel better soon!
    TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • Remember that just because people have 15-20 eggs does not mean that they are all of good quality. A good friend of mine had a ton of eggs retrieved, but none of them made it. I would rather have 7 good quality eggs. Believe me, it is easier for me to give others encouragement then to believe the same for myself. I will also keep my FX for a good fert report. I am ready to see some BFPs from our group.
    Married 11 years. PCOS; TTC since 2009; 3 unsuccessful IUIs;
    New RE. First & Hopefully Last IVF November 2013.
  • I'm sorry you're not feeling well!! Rest up and like others said, stay hydrated. I had a good amount of cramping after mine. They gave me Tylenol with codeine so that just made me tired which was fine with me! I'm 29 and we got 10 which I was disappointed with after reading what others were getting. Everyone is so different and doing this for so many different reasons. Like others have said it's the quality that's more important than quantity and as cliche as it is my RE always says, "it only takes one." Sometimes I want to punch him when he says that :D but I suppose it's true. Hang in there and I hope all goes well with ET! Are you doing a 3 or 5 day transfer?
    2013- 2 IVF cycles with PGD to prevent genetic disorder from being passed on. Both BFFN :(
    2/2014 pregnant!  EDD 10/17/2014

All always welcome! :)
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks so much ladies! Don't know for sure yet when transfer will be, that's if we have one this go 'round. My progesterone level was high before trigger so we may have to freeze and to FET.
  • ThoseThreeWords, just curious, how long did you have the sinus irritation, I feel bad enough without that! It's like having a cold which can make one pretty miserable. Glad to hear someone else had some similar issues.
  • Seven is good! I only had 6 and 3 made it to freeze. I think the quality over the quantity is the way you want to look at it. Your body was working hard to make 7 perfect eggs. Good luck on the fert report tomorrow. Hope you feel better. I was just really sore after but only took Tylenol for pain.
    Me: 35  low AMH, normal FSH
    DH: 31 Fair DNA fragmentation test :( Normal SA
    TTC: since March 2012

09-21-13 start IVF #1
    10-04-13 ER 6 eggs, 6 mature, all 6 fertilized. 3 frozen
    10-08-13 fresh transfer canceled due to high progesterone
    waiting for FET
    10-18 started BCP
    10-29 baseline appt scheduled
    11-20 scheduled date of FET #1
    12-2 BFN :(

3-1-14 moving on to the next step. Switched RE. going to plan 3 IUI cycles while saving for IVF#2

April 2014- IUI#1  BFN
    May 2014- IUI#2 BFN
    June 2014 IUI#3 BFN

Taking a break for a while, focusing on our wedding.

Sept 24th missed period! Surprise natural BFP
    10-15-14 first ultrasound
    06-05-15 EDD

imageimage

• Aw sorry you don't feel well!  I was in the worse pain myself after my ER - hated it!  I can only imagine what its like to also have sinus issues on top of your pain!  Try to relax with a heating pad and drink some hot tea.  I had an oxygen mask but I know they sometimes use oxygen tubes through the nose.  So it might have been that!  Stay hydrated and drink lots of gatorade!

Fingers crossed for a good fertility report!

Married my best friend on 9.6.11 
    Me 31 DH 29 
    TTC since 12/2011 
    Me - all normal test results 
    DH - SA #1, #2 and #3 - 0% morphology 
    Straight to IVF w/ ICSI 
    April 3 - start date for BC 
    April 18 - tentative start date for injections 
    Tentative IVF dates: ER - 4/27 and ET - 5/3!! DELAYED.
    IVF #1 - May 6 - Estrace
    May 17 - started injections!
    ER and ET end of May!! BFFN :(
    FET #1 - June 28th - BFP!!!! :)
    Beta #1 - 164, Beta #2 - 381
    1st u/s 7/16/13 - 2 sacs with yolks! 1 smaller than the other - Possible Twins?! 
    2nd u/s 7/26/13 - 1 healthy baby with heartbeat of 123bpm! Second sac empty. Next u/s 8/5/13.
    8/5/13 (7w2d) - no heartbeat. Lost our precious LO :-/
    D&C on 8/12/13 - finally neg hcg 2 months later on 10/3/13.
    Saline Songram on 10/10/13 - found polyp :-( post-poned again.
    Hysteroscopy on 10/29/13.
    FET #2 - BFP!!!! :-) 
    Beta #1 - 265, Beta #2 - 692
    12/24-12/28 (6w) - lost our LO (2nd miscarriage in a row)
    RPL panel and Karyotyping; results all normal!
    Started bcp's 1/24/14; saline sonogram 1/30/14 - All clear!!
    IVF #2 02/15/14; ER 02/26/14 - freeze all due to mild OHSS. 
    7 blasts; PGD on all 7 - all 7 normal!!!
    FET #3 4/8/14; BFP!! :-)
    Beta #1 - 235, Beta #2 - 539
    1st u/s - It's TWINS!!!!
    2nd u/s- both babies measuring on track! Heartbeats of 118 and 122!!
    EDD: Christmas Day!!!

** ALL ARE WELCOMED **

image  photo 866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimage 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"