Stay at Home Moms
Options

My dinner catastrophe

I had a container of mashed potatoes that I had defrosted sitting in the fridge.  When I realized I didn't defrost the chicken for tonight's dinner I ran to the store for something else.  I decided I would use the mashed potatoes and make salsbury (sp??) steaks with a mushroom gravy.  We get home, I race to start dinner because it is already 6pm.  I mix up the ground beef to make the patties, the mushrooms are sauteing, and then I open the container of potatoes.  And it is like rancid mush.  I honestly have no idea what the heck was in there.   Of course because I didn't label it.  It could have had cheese, or heavy cream.  Who knows.  It was disgusting.  So after I finished dumping them in the disposable and wiping my tears that my ultimate comfort feast was ruined, my mother told me to just make some more (bleep bleep) potatoes.  Yeah I think she was getting a bit tired of my dramatics.  

DD had to have hers with rice, because she couldn't wait any longer.  But I made the potatoes and just ate them and it was so worth the trouble.  Every dish in my kitchen is filthy, but I think it was worth it.  
I'm in pregnant girl bliss over here.

Check out my blog ---->  http://minismama.com/

Re: My dinner catastrophe

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"