September 2013 Moms
Options

Job uncertainty

I do not plan to return to work full time. I discussed the option of working part time with my manager prior to going on maternity leave. We left things that I would make my decision about what I want to do after I'd been on leave for a while. He was very open to the option of me working PT and so was his manager. I know for sure that I do not want to return to work full time and I've been hoping we can work out a part time arrangement. If not, I will resign from my position.

So, I just talked to my manager and told him I am still wanting to work out a part time arrangement. He said he is open to it, but that our department is going through a major reorganization so it may not be up to him anymore. I work for a large govt subcontractor and this reorg is going to affect many sites. I am very upset about this news because I feel like it is a lot less likely that I will be able to work PT now because I will have to get many more approvals from upper management now. Ugh!

I just extended my leave by using FMLA so I don't go back to work until mid december. My manager suggested we wait until then to get things figured out as he won't know much about the reorg until later on. It makes me anxious to have to wait until then to know if PT is a viable option. Its likely I won't know for sure until after the start of the year. I shouldn't complain because it will be awesome if I can do PT, it just sucks not having a definite plan. And knowing that due to this reorg its going to be a lot harder if not impossible to get it approved.

No real point of this except to "vent." Anyone else dealing with job uncertainty?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Toby, my furry baby

Re: Job uncertainty

• Options
    We had a reorg the week before my leave started. I go back next week to a new role with a new title. I'm looking for other positions in other companies.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"