3rd Trimester

Free Breastpump with BCBS Federal

So,
I understand several insurance companies offer free breast pumps now.  I have BCBS Federal and just called the Caremark Pharmacy number (1-800-262-7890) to order my free pump.  It was so easy!  I gave her my insurance information and verified that I was pregnant.  I could choose between two Ameda pumps,  I chose the double electric pump.  It comes with two bottles, 150 storage bags and carrying case.  every 90 days (really the 68th day in that 90 day period) I can call and reorder storage bags for free.  the pump should arrive within 2 weeks from today!  I am so amazed that this program exists and was super excited to hear that it comes with two bottles AND this storage bag refill option as well.  Amazing how much money this will save me. I highly encourage everyone to look into their insurance and see what programs are offered.  I have a breastpump from my last pregnancy, but this way I can keep one at work and one at home so I dont have to lug it back and forth (what a pain!)

Happy Breastfeeding and pumping for you working moms ;)

Re: Free Breastpump with BCBS Federal

• Yup! I have BCBS and I picked my pump up a few weeks ago.  Double electric Medela!  I have the same pump from my son but this helps to bring one to work and leave one at home.  Its great!
  • Same insurance as well! I chose the same pump & mine came a few months ago, great program!
  • Loading the player...
  • That's awesome! I have united, and under my specific plan - they do not cover a breast pump of any kind. Everyone thinks it's now required under obamacare but it's not- so def call your insurance and check.
  • I have BCBS as well but they told me they don't cover pumps. I'm so bummed. All the money we pay to them every month and they have 0 benefits outside of the 80/20 crap. Should I still try to contact Caremark to see if they'll offer the pump through our plan anyway?
  • I have had trouble finding the medela. Any ideas where to call for BCBS to obtain the medela? Everyone I know has had difficulty with the Ameda.
  • I think its worth a shot calling caremark, they should be able to tell you whether or not you are covered.  I have the federal plan so I think its a bit different from regular BCBS which I understand covers medela.  I have not used the Ameda so I hope it works out ok for me - my friend has it and seems to work fine.
  • Honestly, I'm not going to be picky at this point. A free pump is a free pump. Especially considering some of the prices for these pumps sheesh! Thanks, it won't hurt to give them a call.
  • Ordered the pump Tuesday...it came Wednesday night.  Now THAT is fast service :)
  • A PP asked where you could find the Medela. I live in North Carolina, and a company called Edgepark has the Medela double electric pump. I'm not sure if you have you to get your pump from a medical supply company in your state or not. ???
  • I have BCBS too and they said its free through their providers. They gave me a list of approved suppliers and I ordered mine last week through Byrum.
  • I did the same, pump arrived quickly. The Affordable Care Act mandates most insurers now have to provide breast pumps--however some insurance companies were "grandfathered in" so the new law does not apply to them. I think it's great though, finally something for the moms :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • And to those of you that were unable to get the pump, chances are if you call them and tell them that you are having feeding difficulties/latch issues (maybe get your Dr. to write a note), they will provide a pump. I know a few people that have had no problem in doing this. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"