Pregnant after IF
Options

GTKY: Halloween!

So what kinds of treats (or tricks) is everyone handing out for Halloween???  I'm SO EXCITED because this will be the first Halloween I'll have a good amount of trick-or-treaters coming to my house!  Growing up we lived in a neighborhood where all the houses were too far apart to really be worth it so even we went to different neighborhoods, then I lived in a condo for about 5 years after college so no kids there, and then last year we were in our house and I was beyond excited but then Hurricane Sandy put the kibosh on all Halloween festivities :-(

So this year I'm more than making up for it and we're giving out like everything!  We have one bowl for contains/may contain peanuts that consists of Snickers, Kit Kats, PB M&Ms, Reese's and a few other things.  Then the non-nut bowl (already thinking like a mom :-) ) has Nerds, Skittles, Starburst, lollipops and Smarties.  Overboard???
Me 31 ~ DH 30
IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
<3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
DX - PCOS 2004
FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15

Re: GTKY: Halloween!

• Options
    That is a really good idea to do the nut vs nut safe bowls! This is our second year actually getting kids so I am excited too! I got a few huge bags of mini snickers, musketeers, kit kat, Reese, etc. assortment. Nothing out of the ordinary! I am debating running out for more- I can't remember how much we went through last year!
    Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; Started seeing RE 11/12
    Jan-March '13 3 IUIs Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! BFN
    July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!!
    Beta 1=512, Beta 2=1,368 Beta 3= 4,128
    It's a boy!!!!
    SUA, GD
    EDD 4/26/14

He's Here! Arrived 4/15/14!!!!

September 2015 - FET with remaining embryos
    Twins! EDD: 6/14/15

PAIF/SAIF Everyone welcome!
  • Options
    golfrgalgolfrgal member
    edited October 2013
    I'm handing out the Nerds variety mix stuff first and then the M&M's peanut after most of the Nerds/Sweetarts are gone (just in case of nut allergies...and also b/c they are DH's favorite and he'd be happy to eat the leftovers).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've got to work so dh is in charge of our trick or treaters. I think we have a bag of mixed non nut candy.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    haha, that's awesome!

We're going to be at my parent's this year since they're leaving for a 2 week Europe vacation that weekend. I'm kinda bummed because we've lived here for 2+ years and have never actually BEEN here for Halloween. I wanna hand out candy and scare the little kids at my house :/

I'll have to live vicariously through you this year :)

• Options
    We just moved from a Halloween-central community (seriously, we'd have 1500 trick or treaters at least!) to a new development. I'm not really sure what the vibe is going to be here, but DH bought a bag of assorted Skittles, Starburst, and M&Ms. I'm actually glad he got that bag because none of those appeal to me, even when I'm not pregnant. So I'm hoping to avoid packing on the lbs until Thanksgiving :)
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• Options
    That is a lot of candy! I love Halloween. I like to give out chocolate like snickers, kit kat. bascially things I like to eat. which reminds me to go buy candy. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I bought a bunch of candy, all chocolate based like Reece's, kit Kat, whoppers, Hershey's, almond joy, etc. now being in the hospital I can no longer pass it out to trick or treaters as planned. I think DH is just going to leave it in a bowl outside our door, or maybe give it to the neighbors if they are passing out candy.
    TTC since June, 2011 with anovulatory PCOS, 1 blocked tube, and mild MFI
    3rd cycles clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    4th cycles letrozole/Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 = BFP! Twins due 2/5/2014
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I still have to buy our candy! Usually I get chocolate bars that I like if there's leftovers. I've been holding off buying it because I know I'll just eat it! My dad is taking DS trick or treating since I'm on MBR and DH is away. I'm in charge of handing out candy.
    Me: 33 DH: 36 Unexplained IF
    First pregnancy - DS 01-Apr-09;
    3rd cycle Clomid/IUI after 2 years TTC
    TTC #2 since ~June 2010
    IUI #1 & 2 - Clomid/IUI - BFN
    IUI #3 &4 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFN
    IUI #5 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFP!!
    EDD: March 22, 2013
    It's triplets!!

• Options

We bought all the stuff we like to eat, hoping there might be leftovers!  We have Twix, Milky Ways, M&Ms, 3 Musketeers, and Snickers.  Hmmmm, guess it's obvious this is a chocolate-lovin' household.

DS gave me a Starburst the other day though, and it was the most fabulous thing.  My mouth watered like crazy while eating it, and it's watering again just thinking about it.  Gotta get me some of those.

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"