Multiples

Crib Bumpers...

Anyone not use them?

My boys are 10 months old and share a room.  They have discovered that they can pull the crib bumper down and see each other so the first thing they do as soon as we put them in the crib is pull the bumper all the way down.  They chat for a little while and then fall asleep, this happens at nap time and at night.  Also, one of them doesn't just pull down the side where his brother is he does all sides.

Right now I fix them when they wake up but since they pull them down as soon as they get back in I'm wondering if I need to have them at all.  I have the breathable mesh ones that attach with Velcro and ribbons.  TIA!

Re: Crib Bumpers...

• We have never used them and have never had any issues.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Loading the player...
  • I will not use them.  They are so dangerous!

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • We don't have them and won't be getting them.. not because I believe my kids would die if I had them in there, but I think they're just for aesthetics really... and a waste of money. 

If they're pulling them down anyway, I would get rid of them.. one less thing to wash! 
  • We didn't use them with DD until she was about a year and a half old because of the SIDS risk. We did end up getting breathable bumpers because she was constantly getting her arms and legs stuck between the bars while sleeping and would wake up screaming. At that point she was old enough to move around and stand up so the risk was lower and they were mesh, and yes I actually tried pressing my face up against them to see if you could breathe through them and you could haha. We used them for maybe 6 months until she transitioned to her big girl bed.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Many thanks!  :)  They will be coming out tonight
  • We used the breathable ones. I didn't plan to use them but DD was such a mover in her sleep she managed to get her legs stick between the bars.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"