April 2014 Moms

Hi all! Intro (long sorry!)

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a few days now and want to be known and not seen as creepy! My name is Amanda. I am 29 and live in Texas! My hubby and I have been married for 5 years (anniversary was just a couple weeks ago!) and we got our BFP on 8/21 and my due date is April 24! This is my second pregnancy but will be our first child and we are super excited and nervous to be first time parents! Just a quick back story-(ok it's not so quick!) I found out I was prego back in April, started bleeding for a week in May(no pain) & my Dr. wouldn't see me yet since I was a new pt (still makes me mad but she couldn't have helped anyway) I ended up at the ER May13 and sadly it turned out to be an ectopic at about 8 wks. My Dr. operated that same day and was able to save my right tube. It was the most devastating time of our life because we were so excited, it was the day after Mother's Day, and we were almost to the point of thinking we wouldn't be able to have children before we found out I was PG(I was off the pill for 2yrs and nothing happened) We went on a trip to Jamaica in August to get away and just spend much needed alone time together to heal and the day after we got back is when we got the BFP!! It was a total shocker although the day we were coming home I was really nauseous and was late a few days so I had a feeling! Turns out we conceived before the trip though! We didn't expect it again so soon but we are very happy and excited that it did! Although this time around I am a little bit more nervous, obviously! But everything is going great so far so I am trying not to freak out or worry! I just entered the second tri on Thursday and my nausea has completely stopped thank The Lord! And I have a dr appt tomorrow! So sorry if I caused anyone tears, I know I sobbed typing it! Thanks for reading my long story and so sorry I waited so long to join! Just wanted to make sure it was all A-ok first!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hi all! Intro (long sorry!)

• Welcome!!! The PGAL ladies here are wonderful (I am not one, I'm just lucky enough to internet know them). You should check out their check in!! :-D
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Hello and welcome!  Congratulations on your pregnancy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you, I will! I just now figured out what PGAL means. I am still trying to learn the lingo!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @manda10884 Yea, but its easy to catch on fast :-D Google was my lingo friend for the first few weeks. 
  • Welcome. So happy for you!
  • @kbuckleyharp yes I have learned a lot reading all the posts the last few days too! Google is my best/worst friend!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you for the welcome so far ladies!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are so happy you are here!! Welcome!!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Congratulations on your baby and welcome!  I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  I had a loss in May as well.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• manda10884manda10884 member
    edited October 2013
    Thank you @Twirple! I am sorry for your loss- unfortunately the more I talk to people about it the more people I find have had a loss but it also helps to know that I am not alone!

ETA: "it about" didn't make sense- changed it to about it

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome, and congrats! H&H 9 months!
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • manda10884 I know what you mean.  After my loss, people started coming out of the woodwork talking about their losses.  It is one of those things people don't talk about until they hear about someone else going through it.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Welcome Amanda!  I'm so sorry to hear of your previous loss.  There definitely is great Pgal support here.  How exciting that things are going well with this LO. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Welcome! We had our miscarriages at almost exactly the same time (mine was on Mother's Day) and our due dates are the same! Small world, lol. :) (smaller? My 5th anniversary was a few weeks ago too! Lol)

Welcome and congrats! A14 is a lovely place. :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

image  image image

• @kateleestar that is crazy! Lol Very small world indeed! Thank you for the welcome!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @KendraColeslaw where at in TX?! I'm up in the panhandle, Amarillo!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!
    Thanks for sharing your story!!!
    Congratulations!!'
  • @KendraColeslaw nice! My sister in in Ft. Worth!

Again thank you ladies so much for the warm welcome! It's greatly appreciated! Glad to be a part of A14!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome to the board! I'm so glad you and your miracle baby are here.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Welcome and congrats on your rainbow.
  • i am due on APril 24th as well! and although i did not have an ectopic pregnancy i did miscarry my first. It is scary to get pregnant again after something like that but you should feel less scared now that you are in your second trimester! congrats and welcome!

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @luvU2theMoon thank you and congrats on your LO as well! I am starting to feel less scared but it's still trying to sink in that it's real!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome to the mommy to be club! Congrats on your pregnancy! :)
  • @manda10884 Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy! We have a few things in common. :) I live in Texas, about an hour from Houston. What about you? This is also my second pregnancy, and I was also about 8 weeks along and my doctor wouldn't see me because I was a new patient. My anniversary is October too (the 9th). And we're only due a day apart (I'm due the 23rd)! :) Do you know when you find out if your baby is a boy or girl?
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • @SLSchuerg thank you! I am in Amarillo so quite a ways away from you unfortunately! It would be nice to have someone close! You aren't the only one who's dates, etc are so close to mine! It's such a small world! My bday is actually the 8th of Oct and our anniversary is the 18th! I had an appt yesterday and she scheduled us for an u/s on the 25th of Nov to find out- but we are having a reveal party the day after thanksgiving with our family so we won't actually know until then! I'm excited! When do you find out?!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey! My anatomy scan is also on the 25th! I'm 6 hours ahead of you in time though. I'll send good thoughts for a healthy scan!
  • @SLSchuerg thank you! I am in Amarillo so quite a ways away from you unfortunately! It would be nice to have someone close! You aren't the only one who's dates, etc are so close to mine! It's such a small world! My bday is actually the 8th of Oct and our anniversary is the 18th! I had an appt yesterday and she scheduled us for an u/s on the 25th of Nov to find out- but we are having a reveal party the day after thanksgiving with our family so we won't actually know until then! I'm excited! When do you find out?!
    Aww, jealous! I'll find out on the 27th. But I think it'll be exciting this way because we'll be hitting the road after the appointment to head to my grandparents for Thanksgiving, so we'll be able to share with everyone whenever we get there! :)
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • @kbuckleyharp awesome, thanks! Hope yours is healthy too! Although, I am not sure if mine is the anatomy scan or not- my Dr didn't say it was she just said we will have an ultrasound that day and then appt afterward! Guess I should have asked her!?! I was just so excited to find out when we would know! I am a FTM so I don't really know what to expect at any appt- do you think it would probably be the a/s? I will be 18w4d that day.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry about your loss but glad you're here now! And we share the same due date :)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 2/24/2008

BFP #1 3/13/13, MMC 4/17/13, D&C 4/19/13

BFP #2 8/7/13, Beta at 4w6d = 3,796

• Sounds like about the right time. Between 18-22 weeks is the usual timing for them. Im a FTM too, but, I'm also an internet junkie lately. This baby thing is totally taking big time front seat to my job. hehe. Who cares :-)
  • SLSchuerg said:

@SLSchuerg thank you! I am in Amarillo so quite a ways away from you unfortunately! It would be nice to have someone close! You aren't the only one who's dates, etc are so close to mine! It's such a small world! My bday is actually the 8th of Oct and our anniversary is the 18th! I had an appt yesterday and she scheduled us for an u/s on the 25th of Nov to find out- but we are having a reveal party the day after thanksgiving with our family so we won't actually know until then! I'm excited! When do you find out?!

Aww, jealous! I'll find out on the 27th. But I think it'll be exciting this way because we'll be hitting the road after the appointment to head to my grandparents for Thanksgiving, so we'll be able to share with everyone whenever we get there! :)

That will be good! At least you will get to spend a little time together being the only ones who know! I would kind of like for us to find out and then tell family but I think it will defeat the purpose of the party and I really want my family to be a part of us finding out! I actually told my dr we were having this party the day after thanksgiving and that we really needed to know before thanksgiving! Luckily she was ok with it! Lol. Kind of strange "bossing" my Dr around! Just hope LO cooperates that day and shows us the goods! :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sounds like about the right time. Between 18-22 weeks is the usual timing for them. Im a FTM too, but, I'm also an internet junkie lately. This baby thing is totally taking big time front seat to my job. hehe. Who cares :-)

Yeah I think I will probably call and ask her, I'm going to be curious now! And I know what you mean! I just graduated from dental hygiene school in May and am supposed to be looking for a job but keep putting it off due to "baby" reasons! Like you said, who cares! We deserve it, right!? Lol

BabyFruit Ticker
    Yeah I think I will probably call and ask her, I'm going to be curious now! And I know what you mean! I just graduated from dental hygiene school in May and am supposed to be looking for a job but keep putting it off due to "baby" reasons! Like you said, who cares! We deserve it, right!? Lol
    hehe, for me, its just turned me lazy towards anything NOT to do with the baby. And since baby isn't doing much now, that involves me being on The Bump and researching random baby things on google. Oh, and going on Amazon and making a registry composed entirely of children's books. haha
  • Welcome to the group! So glad to have you and you will absolutely fit right in. My very best wishes to you for a happy and healthy pregnancy. Do not hesitate to ask questions, as we are all here to lean on / give advice to one another.
  • Welcome to the group! So glad to have you and you will absolutely fit right in. My very best wishes to you for a happy and healthy pregnancy. Do not hesitate to ask questions, as we are all here to lean on / give advice to one another.
    Thank you for the warm welcome, I appreciate it!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"