Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Potty training but won't poop in potty

My daughter is 2 (3 in January) and has been peeing in the potty 2 or 3 times a day for the past few weeks. But she won't poop in it. I've seen a tiny bit of evidence in there, but I'm sure she is scared and holds it in. As a result, she is only pooping every other day in a diaper, and it is messy and disgusting for us changing her, and probably uncomfortable for her. So I've been putting a diaper on her if she hasn't pooped in a while, because I don't want her to poop on the floor. I'm afraid this will make her regress if she knows she will get a diaper on eventually, even though she is proud of herself and likes to pee in the potty. So....anyone have any tips? I can't leave her diaper-less all the time because I do work part-time and we have a newborn and it's too hard for my husband to take care of him and watch for our daughter to not have an accident.
Best of luck! Veronica :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Potty training but won't poop in potty

• Options
    Aww, poor little one...and I know that's not easy for you, mom. How long have you been potty training?
    Love my Airman
  • Options
    We bought the potty last summer, but only started going in it regularly 2 months ago.

Best of luck! Veronica :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could try allowing her to use the diaper closer and closer to the bathroom. For example at first make the goal for her to use the diaper in the hallway, and then the next step would be getting her to use it while in the bathroom but not on the potty, etc. this is a gradual approach. Also keep in mind she is new to potty training. Maybe she needs to read more stories/talk about it more to normalize the whole situation.
  • Options
    My daughter was the same way. We bought this book.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0060530898/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1383066345&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70I
    I would read it to her in the bathroom only, while she was going potty, or trying to go potty and she absolutely loved it!! Then after about a week she started pooping in the toilet and has been since, with very few accidents!! Could have been coincidence, but worth a try. By the way, she's 2 yrs 6 months.
    And incase the link didn't work, the book is "Where's the Poop" by Julie Markes
    Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    diagnosed with heterozygous Factor V Leiden 2008; m/c 11/09 @ 5 1/2 wks; m/c 5/10 @ 4 1/2 wks; RLP testing done, diagnosed with antiphospholipid syn. and low progesterone; 7/10 started on Heparin injections & progesterone supps @ 3 dpo, BFP 8/9/10!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My son loves to dump things.  My husband said he was going to 'take a dump'.  He learned that meant poop & his eyes went wide.  he couldn't wait to poop in the potty!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"