Special Needs

Help me with my Shouter.

So Nate shouts. He mainly does it to voice his displeasure or to get my attention.  It is really starting to get on my nerves. "yeeowh" or "mahowwww" are his standard go to shouts. I have not done a census on them to try and figure out if he uses different ones for diff situations. probably.

He totally outs himself as Special with this. It also causes a lot of anxiety for me. We will go up to him and remind him that he is shouting. I also ask him to use words for what he wants. This doesn't really help.

If you have any advice on how to mitigate this please give it to me.
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Help me with my Shouter.

• I'm not too familiar with your son's background, but could you practice other words/phrases to get your attention? Even having him tap your arm if he's not too verbal. I would start emphasizing those appropriate responses and I would imagine that would decrease the inappropriate.
  • Assembly_ReqdAssembly_Reqd member
    edited October 2013
    @mamantraining He is basically non-verbal. He uses sign to communicate. I guess I could work on the tapping or hand waving. Maybe I could get him a little bell to ring....<<sarcasm font

@bubba2b Let me know how the behavioral psych goes. Can I ask how you found them? One of my mommy friends who lives in Baltimore is looking for one for her boy who has Aspergers and anxiety.....
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Loading the player...
  • @bubba2b def interested to hear what you think. Her son goes to school with Nate in Columbia. (he's in K)
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"