Blended Families
Options

XH's lazy ass is showing.

+just+j++just+j+ member
edited October 2013 in Blended Families

And I am sure it's because R is picking up the slack and mothering him.

He calls, DD is being obstinate and doesn't want to talk, so XH asks me what I'm doing for Halloween. ONCE AGAIN, I tell him how I'm taking her around a couple of blocks in my neighborhood, to a couple of friends houses that live close, and my aunt's house.  I said if he doesn't get her for Halloween, I am going I might take her to the East Village event the next night.  This is how well he listens..."You're bringing her here?"  I tell him "NO!  Not once in that sentence of in past conversations or my email did I state I was ever bringing her to your town. WHY would I??"

He asks about the email and I tell him to just read it.  He then asks if he picks up DD for Trick or Treat, will I come get her. Uh. That would be another no. You want her on an off night - you pick her up and bring her back - OR, keep her and take her to daycare the next morning.

Which led to the next discussion. He thinks 6:30 AM is too early for her and he doesn't want to do that.  So I ask, "Well what are you going to do with her when you have her for a full week?"  (I have to go to Chicago on business)  He says he'll work that out later. Which I know to mean, R will take her.  I tell him, "Well R is not o the list for drop off and pick up. Only my sister, Me, and You. 6:30 is not too early because I will be dropping her off that early this winter and she's going to start going to bed at 8PM now instead of 9 when the time changes. It's time she get on track with a better bed time hour."    He starts to argue with me about why R is not on the list. I tell him.  "When I signed DD up there I didn't know R and to be honest, I really didn't know if she'd last.  I still have not met her and until I do, she's not going to be on the list until I'm comfortable with it."   He starts to argue and I tell him, "I'm not arguing with you.  You are DD's father. You are on your way to town.  I find it a bit ridiculous that you are going to make your girlfriend drive 30 minutes to drop off YOUR child when you can easily take her. But whatever."  He tries to argue back and I say calmly, "I'm sorry, but I'm not discussing this with you."  and I hang up.

He's left a message. I've deleted it. I text him, "Please let me know by noon Wednesday if you're taking her trick or treating Thursday."  I send him a second one and say that if it's too much trouble for him to take DD to daycare, I'll make other arrangements while I'm out of town."  We do not have a first right of refusal and it's my time with DD. So I can do whatever I want.  From now on, I'm not telling him when I'm out of town.  I'm just having my mom come to town to care for DD. 

So here's my thing - if he takes DD that week, he could very well give R that code to get in and drop off DD.  So do I tell daycare to take/receive DD when R drops her off and tell R she is not approved and to please have K drop off and pick up?  R is only on a do not pick up list. It says nothing about drop off. 

Or should I remove her from the list? 

I still have not met this woman. She's been conveniently gone every time at pick up. 

"he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval

Re: XH's lazy ass is showing.

• Options
    Or am I just being a difficult bitch?
  • Options
    I would be adamant about R not being on the pick up list and I would make sure to confirm with the daycare. I would likely let the drop off go. My daycare doesn't have a drop off policy, anyone can do drop off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think you're being a difficult bitch but I do think you're letting it effect you too much. If you let him take her for your business trip you've pretty much given up your control over what is going to happen. Unless you know that she has issues (drugging, drinking), I think being so resistant to her driving is just getting you worked up over something you can't control.

So, he is going to let r do all the work. And you're not surprised bc that is his pattern. Well just let it go... He is going to do that. Let him and don't fight it. It will only get you agitated.

And since you dont have rofr, I would never offer it to him again. Save yourself the agrivation.
  • Options
    At our previous daycares, and at school, either parent may add to the the pick up or drop off list. Unless it is court ordered that the person not be around the child they can pick up as long as one parent approves. Why dont you want R picking up? You've said she is a positive person in DDs life right? I guess I don't see the issue. Yes, he should be doing the 'work' but you've got to let that go because you know he is never going to be the one doing the work.

Dont give him the extra time with her if it is a real problem for you. But bottom line, I don't think you can control who drives her to DC on his time.
  • Options

It comes down to this I guess.   I figure if he wants to be difficult and make everyone else do all his work, then why bother offering up that time?  He'll get her per the CO and that's that.  But then...he needs to re-read and understand the CO first. Which he does not apparently.

He's not getting her during my Chicago trip. I'm going to have Mom watch her.

I was trying to be nice, but it always gets me in trouble.  

• Options
    Anyone can drop her off but she is not on the list so she cannot pick up DD, period. If you cannot meet her you do not need to give permission.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    If he keeps up this attitude, I would tell him to forget it and see if your mom or sister can watch DD. Maybe I'm being too mean, but whatever. If that's not feasible I would notify daycare that R is not to p/u DD. I would ask them to notify you if R does drop DD off, and then I would email XH that he is in contempt for having a non-approved babysitter and if it happens again you will file contempt. If R is going to be in DD's life she can have the decency to meet you.
  • Options
    He left me a voicemail saying that I was being difficult and that it's bullshit because he was "covering for my ass". Big mistake bubba. I texted him thanks but I don't need him to cover for me. Mom has offered and she will be here to take care of DD. He said he had more rites to DD than my mom. I responded that it was my time and my choice. I am happy that I have a secure building. I hope he does not give my mother grief but if he does....my mom has a few choice words for him. XH has never supported my career. He hated it when I travelled and now that I am a single Mom he tries to make me feel like I am a bad mother on the rare occasion I need to travel or rely on someone else to help me with DD. Yet when he on rare occasion has to deal with a normal day for me, he can not do it with help. Or bitching. I am tired of trying to be nice. I am not going to be a total bitch but I am no longer going out of my way to allow him to see DD more. He is impossible to co-parent with. And while I know I cannot control what he does, I am not going to just roll over and let him off the hook either.
  • Options
    And as for his smart ass statements about "covering" for you.... Eff him and let him sound dumb. Responding to that kind of drivel is pointless.
  • Options
    He called and apologized this morning.

Last night I had already conceded and told him fine. Do what you want. I dont care. I did it early on in the discussion but he kept pushing for a fight.

Long story short. I apologized too and told him that he can take DD that week if he wants. I dont care how he handles it. I made sure he understood that 90% of the time I have DD and I make it work. Its just me. And to insult that is a bit inappropriate when he pushes all of that to R to do for him.

I reminded him that was one of his mistakes with XSD. She often mentioned how everyone else took care of her and not het own parents.

He actually agreed with me! But i dont anticipate him changing. And i guess i will have to learn to let go.

So he is getting her that week. But I am not offering it again. He doesnt know that part yet.

He says he will talk to R about us meeting and I said a few minutes at pick up is fine.

We will see if this doesnt explode again in the next two weeks.
  • Options
    wendilea said:

You keep setting him up to piss you off.  If you offered him that time, then it's on him to get her to daycare.  Or maybe she'll spend every day with R.  You don't get to control what he does at his house.  You freaked out that it wasn't going to go as you would do, and baited him to piss you off so you could then use that as a reason to change to your mom watching M.

I do think you should be able to meet R.  Sounds like you have.  She doesn't have to be your BFF, you just have to meet her.  I don't see you going on long lunch dates or something.  You're playing games to control him, just as he is playing games with you (sending the pics of the gun, etc.)  Pretty soon, R's going to be complaining about K's BSC ex...

Ita, esp w the last statement. It'll get easier as time passes, it's still pretty recent. But you need to let some things go and not engage him so much. Vent here if you need to. When he sends a tesxt/ email that enrages you, wait an hour at least to reply so you can cool down. It used to be really hard for me not to immediately engage, and it took time to get better at it. But now that I am doing better my mental health is also that much better for it.

• Options
    As you already said, I wouldn't offer up any extra time right now, especially if you have your Mom to help you with your DD and while you are out of town the last thing you need is to be worried about your dd.  I hope things get easier of ryou and your ex.

• Options

Right now I would not offer him any switches or anything else.  Not because he doesn't deserve them, but because at this time the less you interact with him, the better.  Sticking to CO = less need for communication.  The two of you are playing games. 

I mean this gently, but when I read your posts I get the feeling you are not yet over him (and I would say the same about him not being over you) - anything to do with his new gf sets you on edge and puts you on the attack.  Better to back away from the crazy.

image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
  • Options
    Sorry, I tried responding last night but my phone was not cooperating with me. 

I heart you @*just*j*.  I really do.  But I have to say I feel like you were wrong to take the time away (although you have given it back, which I'm very happy about).  Once the time is offered, taking it back out of spite lowers you to his level of game playing.  If you're going to be out of town for a week, DD should be with BD if he's able to have her.  Does it really matter who takes DD to daycare each day?  Either way, she's getting there.  And like PP said, you have already stated that DD likes R and R seems to take good care of her.  I think you let BD's new relationship get under your skin too much.  I don't think you're jealous of R, I think it's more that you are letting what you foresee to be the impending demise of their relationship cloud your vision.

Do I think you should meet R?  Absolutely.  But that meeting needs to happen when you are both ready.  If the meeting is forced before you are both ready, the meeting is going to go poorly and you will both walk away muttering, "what a bitch".  And you have no idea what XH has said to R about you.  Maybe he has painted you to be this horrible controlling monster and she's intimidated to meet you.  Having been in R's position (although you're not anywhere as bad as BM), I can tell you that when I finally met BM (as DH's fiancee) I was nervous.  Not because I was worried she wouldn't "approve" of me, but because I knew she was never going to want me there and that she was intimidated by my presence in K's life.

I have to agree with @wendilea in that you baited him, just like he baits you.  Once he gave you an answer you didn't approve of, you lashed out and made a power play.  We have all done it, it's not the end of the world.  But going forward I think it would be a good idea to mentally ask yourself how you would want him to react if the roles were reversed.  If you had a boyfriend who was going to be helping get DD to and from daycare, you would no doubt put him on the list at the daycare.  And you would no doubt hope that XH would not pitch a fit about it and trust your judgment.  Even though we all know XH has questionable judgment at times, it's time to start extending him a smidge of trust. 

I'm glad you gave him back the time you offered and that you are acting like the gracious BM we all know you are.  
    >:D<   <--- creepy interwebz hugs

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    Wahoo said:

I mean this gently, but when I read your posts I get the feeling you are not yet over him (and I would say the same about him not being over you) - anything to do with his new gf sets you on edge and puts you on the attack.  Better to back away from the crazy.

It's not that I'm not over HIM. It that I am not over the bullshit and more is coming to light that is just rubbing new salt in old wounds. There's been a lot more that has taken place over this past month that I'm not even mentioning but I am getting tired of XH and his crap. I try to co-parent. I try to be nice. I shut my mouth, shut my mouth, and then I explode.  Or in this case - I didn't explode, I just retaliated. 

It's hard to respect him when he doesn't respect his relationship with R and it's making me realize he probably did the same things behind my back when we were dating and married.  It's made me realize how stupid and blind I was. Again. new salt in old wounds.  And to have to sit back and watch things happen over and over again ...it's sickening.

I know I have to move on and past it.  It's a process. I had a counseling session today and discussed a lot.  I'll just keep working at it.

• Options
    Actually job i can honestly say i would wait quite a long time before putting any boyfriend on there. But thats J time. K time as we know runs a whoooole lot faster.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"