High-Risk Pregnancy

Normal effacement at 32wks?

Hi! I had my DS at 31w,3d due to unexplained PROM. I'm now 32 wks with baby #2 and I'm 50-60% effaced with no dialiation. Baby is very low and they are not optimistic that I will make it to term. I'm contracting often (every 2-3minutes) at times, but the baby is responding well to them (no signs of distress). I'm being seen every week.
What is "normal" dialiation for 32wks?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Normal effacement at 32wks?

• I don't know what is normal but I was very similar to you when I was 32 wks and my doc was not concerned at all.
    High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • At 32 weeks I went into pre term labor but they stopped it and gave me the steroids for his lungs. I was 2 cm and 80%effaced. They didn't think I would make it another week not did I and here I am at 38 weeks 2days and scheduled for induction next Monday. You never know. Everyone's body is different.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not normal. Your having ptl you should have steroid shots and BEDREST if labor continues.
    I'm sorry. I was 80% effaced at 31wk and 2 cm. I was but on BEDREST and given steroids.
    I delivered at 34 weeks
    GL be your advocate!!!
    1st loss 8/31
    2nd pregnancy -TWINS lost DD1 twin at 8 weeks 6 days DD1 born 6 weeks early
    3rd pregnancy- TWINS AGAIN lost both babies at 9 week appt
    4th pregnancy- singleton- born at 38 weeks 1 day with the help of weekly 17P injections
    5th pregnancy- CP in June
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"