Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Introducing WCM, what to look for?

edited October 2013 in Babies: 9 - 12 Months
I'd like to start weaning DD off breastfeeding so I've started introducing WCM with her afternoon snack. I give it to her in a sippy cup since she normally drinks water in a sippy and has been refusing bottles (pumped breast milk) for several months. I've been trying for 3 days and she's still unsure about it. Takes a sip, makes a face and spits it out. Repeat. Yesterday she also started gagging on it with every sip. How long should I keep trying? Also what signs should I look for that would indicate she is intolerant? I have milk in my cereal every morning but I cannot drink a glass of milk, it makes me super nauseous. I can have hot chocolate but not cold chocolate milk. I can eat ice cream though. So I'm not MPI per say but I definitely have issues with drinking milk. How do I know if DD isn't tolerating it either?

ETA mobile users, DD is 11 months

Re: Introducing WCM, what to look for?

• What we did and made for a really transition for us, was mixing with his formula.

I started by giving him 1 oz of WCM and 5 oz of formula and then went to 2/4 oz after about 3-4 days, then to 3/3 oz, etc until he was only drinking WCM. By then, he was a lot more used to the flavor and had no issues. I never tried just giving him WCM so not sure how he would've reacted then. All I know is he LOVED his formula and I was concerned he would not take to WCM but he did, wonderfully.

Like pp stated, look for a signs of stomach issues (diarrhea, bad gas, throwing up, diaper rash) to know if there are any issues with the milk.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I gave my son 1oz of WCM and he was immediately constipated. I resolved the constipation issue with prunes and waited a few days. The same thing happened the second time I tried WCM. The funny thing is he eats whole milk yogurt everyday for breakfast and can eat cheese without any issue.  Has anyone else seen this?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 2 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"