June 2013 Moms

Shoes?

Now that it's cooler out (it was only 39 here this morning!) what do you put on LO's feet when you leave the house?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Shoes?

• Target has knock off Robeez! I just got some Sunday. Genuine leather, $14.99, tons of cute styles!

We got puppies. :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It was 70 degrees when i got up. Usually he's bare foot.

• Socks with blankets over her feet. She usually kicks them off anyways, but the blankets are there to keep in the heat!
  • KEK1025 said:

Just socks.  Maybe I should save this UO but I think baby shoes are utterly ridiculous. Once it starts getting colder I will put a heavy baby blanket on her for to/from the car but she doesn't spend much time outside anyway.

Seems more ridiculous to carry around a heavy blanket and try to keep that over a baby's feet when it's cold instead of just covering them with shoes. And that's coming from someone who isn't a huge fan of baby shoes, either. My baby has yet to wear any shoes, but I just bought those leather ones above to protect her feet from wind and cold this winter.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It was 70 degrees when i got up. Usually he's bare foot.

This !

• Socks for now.  When it gets really cold, I like the little moccasins with leather soles.  There's a version at Target that works great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Just socks.

I did buy a little pair of fleece booties for when it gets properly cold out though.

I also have a pair of knit booties that I made when I was pregnant for fun.  I'll have to see if they fit yet :-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Boots, it's cold here!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Right now socks and Robeez shoes. We have fleece booties too.
  • Most days I just put socks on her. She also has a pair of fake baby Uggs as well but I have only put them on her once because I knew we would be outside all day.

I think I have the tendency to over dress her but she does not get fussy when she is warm so it has not been a problem.
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • KEK1025 said:

Just socks.  Maybe I should save this UO but I think baby shoes are utterly ridiculous. Once it starts getting colder I will put a heavy baby blanket on her for to/from the car but she doesn't spend much time outside anyway.

Seems more ridiculous to carry around a heavy blanket and try to keep that over a baby's feet when it's cold instead of just covering them with shoes. And that's coming from someone who isn't a huge fan of baby shoes, either. My baby has yet to wear any shoes, but I just bought those leather ones above to protect her feet from wind and cold this winter.

Except that a blanket will always be a necessity in cold weather because babies can't wear jackets in car seats.

Right now, socks. I have some booties that we'll stuff onto her feet if we're going to be outside for any length of time in colder temps.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Fuggs - that is, Fake Uggs. They are from Baby Gap.
  • Since it snowed here this week we have officially started using more then just socks. LO wears a pair of Robeez boots and I LOVE them. They stay on and are super warm with socks under it
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We don't buy shoes until they walk unassisted. Until then it is socks, bare feet, or slippers if we have any gifted to us.

DS2 is still going without socks because I haven't found any we can keep on his feet yet. He does have a fleece shower cap style cover on his car seat though so he's fine outside.
  • I have a bunch of shoes for my DS that I put on him when we go out of the house. He tends not to like them and kicks them off though. Same with socks. He tends to keep stride rite robeez and robeez knock offs on the best. I also have one of those bundleme thick zip up blanket things that go over his car seat when its really cold out.
  • In the car seat just socks or footed pants and then in the blanket sleeping bag thing all zipped up. It seems toasty warm, I just worry about his hands because he always pulls them out!

When I wear him and his legs dangle out I put on fleece booties over socks.

• Just socks so far, but was planning to buy some warm, bootie type things soon.

•  we live in Texas, so the coldest it has gotten is like 50s a couple of mornings, but mostly it's still 60-80 degrees. lol. So we're still in short sleeved onesies most days.
    Us too, only socks for now. I do have shoes for when it really starts to stay cold.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• LO kicks off his socks almost as fast as I can put them on, but it's in the 30's in the mornings now so I needed something on his feet. DH found slipper socks at Kohls a few weeks ago and those seem to stay on DS really well. I will get him some Robeez when he is a little older and on his feet more, but for now I am a little envious of his cool slippers. 
  • Socks for now but I'm looking for something else, we babywear on our commute to and from work so his legs/feet stick out. I started wearing a blanket to cover up but it's pretty obnoxious on the subway.
  • Socks. We don't even own any baby shoes. Then we put a blanket on him too if he needs it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"