Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Partial Molar Pregnancy

Hi all, I was just looking for any words of encouragement, support, wisdom regarding my recent loss situation.  And I am deeply sorry for anyone who has experienced a loss; I know how awful it is.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My story - I went in for my 13 week NT scan and we saw no hb for the baby. Previously at my 8 week appt, I saw the hb and what appeared to be a healthy baby.  I had a d&c two days later (I had no m/c symptoms). One week after the d&c I experience heavy bleeding and was directed to the ER. My hcg was 1200 and it was discovered that there was retained tissue from the pregnancy. I had the option for another emergency d&c or to try the pills (I think cytotec and methergen). I opted for the pills to be less invasive.

The pills did not cause an increase in bleeding and were not successful, so I had to have another d&c a week later. That time they got all the tissue.

Late last week the chromosome results from the first d&c came back, the baby was 69XXX and a partial mole was discovered. I had my blood drawn on Thursday and was told I would have to continue the blood tests every week until my hcg was at 0. I was also sent for a chest xray. The Dr. called Friday and my hcg is already 0 (thankfully).  So I retest monthly for 6 months.

I can’t get preg again for the 6 months, which is freaking me out a bit because I’m not getting any younger (I’m 33) and I’m really ready for another baby.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Did your Dr. push the pill on you? (I’m thinking I just want to use condoms once I’m off pelvic rest).  The chromosome testing is great to know what the issue is, but I’m so sad to know it was a little girl, it just makes her more…real, kwim?

Re: Partial Molar Pregnancy

• sarahicesarahice member
    edited October 2013

Sorry ladies, oviously I need to update my ticker :(

edit-ticker deleted

• I don't have any experience with this, but wanted to lend an ear and my support.  It does make it more real knowing your little one was a girl.  I had a feeling ours was as well, but won't know for sure this side of heaven.

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you both for your kind words. And I am very sorry for your losses as well:(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"