Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

How much does your LO sleep?

DS (15.5 months) seems to sleep a lot. He goes to bed at 7:30 and we wake him up at 7:15 on weekdays when he has to go to DC. He then takes a 2.5 hour nap at DC. On weekends, he'll sleep in till about 8 and then take a 3 hour nap - that's more than 15 hours in total. Just curious what others are like. Both DH and I sleep a lot (or would like to) so maybe he just got it from us.

Re: How much does your LO sleep?

• Options
    DS is 15 months. He sleeps for 11 1/2 hours at night and takes one nap for just under 2 hours. He just gave up his second nap recently. Before that he took two naps for 1 1/2 hours each...so I lost an hour of sleep. :-(
  • Options
    DD sleeps from 9pm-9am. Some days she will take 2 1.5-2 hour naps or 1 3-4 hr naps. I think your fine

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD sleeps 12-12.5 hours over night and takes two naps the are typically 1-1.5 hours each.  So 14-15 hours on average.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds ok to me. I think DS sleeps more than the average toddler but I usually need more sleep than the average person so I think it must come from me. He used to sleep from 8:30 to 7 and take one 3-hr nap and one 1 1/2-hr nap. Since we moved to one nap he sleeps from roughly 7:30 to 7:30 and takes one 2-3-hr nap. I am counting my blessings and dreading the day he doesn't need a nap anymore!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    my 13.5 month old sleeps 11.5-12 hours at night and then sleeps about 3 between 2 naps during the day
  • Options
    That's totally normal. DS slept 12 hours a night and took a 2 hour nap from around 18 months to 2 1/2. Now at 3 1/2 he sleeps around 10 hours but still takes at least a 2 hour nap. Enjoy it now because it won't last forever!

• Options
    ok thanks everyone.  For some reason I thought they were suppose to sleep 13 hours or so.  And you are all right - I should just count my blessings!  :)
  • Options
    Not enough. 10 or so hours overnight and maybe 2 hrs total naps at daycare. More on the weekends though.
  • Options
    ktpaladinoktpaladino member
    edited October 2013
    Our amount of sleep kind of varies from month to month. Right now, DS is 18 months and is sleeping 10-11 hours at night and a 1.5-2 hour nap on most days. I don't think you should be worried about your LO's sleep...just enjoy the fact that he's a wonderful sleeper. It sounds like the amount of sleep you mentioned is just his "norm."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"