September 2012 Moms

TTC Tuesday

Can I start this today? I need some insight.

So I am on CD 17 and I just started using OPKs this month so I'm not sure when I O, or if it's even generally the same time every month. Since Saturday, I've been getting positive OPKs. I know sometimes your bod gets ready to O and then for whatever reason doesn't, so it'll try again, but 4 days in a row? I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Usually I notice changes in CM, which I haven't yet, and I also generally feel like I would have sex with a tree if it came on to me, which I also haven't felt yet (for the record, I've never had sex with a tree), so perhaps my body just takes longer to get things out of the gate??

Re: TTC Tuesday

• @jessk86 sometimes OPKs can be hard to read. I get really dark lines leading up to O, but they aren't necessarily positive. The line needs to be as dark, or sometimes darker then the test line to be positive in most cases...you just might have a strong surge leading up to O.

Have you taken a HPT lately, the only other thing I can think of is HCG causing the OPK to be positive...

Good luck.

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• The test line has been much darker than the control line each time. I started taking them a few days before I thought I needed to, just so I could get a feel for what a negative looked like, and there is definitely a difference. I haven't taken a HPT test, no..... I may humor myself later.

Thanks for the advice! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm starting OPKs after this cycle (CD13 over here), so I'll be watching this thread. I am so freaking determined to get pregnant next cycle. I need to chill out, but I'm crazy.

• CD fucking 32.

Little Sprout Blog

• BPerBPer member
    edited October 2013
    Stasi said:
    CD fucking 32.

Hugs. Since you have a getaway planned for this weekend, Murphy's law says you'll get AF Friday morning.
    Edit: damn autocorrect

• @BPer if you pick the right lingerie, you might have an anniversary-weekend-getaway baby!!
  • According to FF today should be CD1, as of now it is not. Last cycle was 35ish days so I don't know that I believe this one will be 28.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • CD 32. My pp periods have been like clockwork, and I was thrilled as I have dealt with PCOS in the past. I noticed I didn't have any ovulation pain on my normal O day this cycle and here I am.... no period. Of course I'm already freaking out and thinking about whether I'm going to have to go back on metformin again.  

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• I'm starting OPKs after this cycle (CD13 over here), so I'll be watching this thread. I am so freaking determined to get pregnant next cycle. I need to chill out, but I'm crazy.
    Me too. And H said he would give me his full cooperation. It's go time, baby.

I call dibs on @spooflejones as a labor buddy.

• CD30. Just waiting for AF to show her uglywhoreface. 14DPO and BFN this AM so I know I'm out.

Boo to this!
  • CD10 here.  Starting OPKs this afternoon.  Excite to pee on things!!!!

OP - I bought a pack of Clear Blue digital OPKs when TTC DS2.  I used mostly Wondfo's, but the digitals helped me confirm O when I sometimes wasn't sure with the cheapies.  That may help you out too if you're not pg this cycle.

I bought these.  They're expensive, but it really helped me to have them.

https://www.amazon.com/Clearblue-Digital-Ovulation-Test-Count/dp/B002VLYAOI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383056712&sr=8-1&keywords=clear+blue+OPK
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CD 32. My pp periods have been like clockwork, and I was thrilled as I have dealt with PCOS in the past. I noticed I didn't have any ovulation pain on my normal O day this cycle and here I am.... no period. Of course I'm already freaking out and thinking about whether I'm going to have to go back on metformin again.  
    @barefootcontessa YGPM

Little Sprout Blog

• @stasi, you too!

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• I'm officially joining you ladies if that's ok :) I stopped taking BCP 6 days ago after DH got a new job with a raise which made us comfortable to start trying again. I have a question regarding withdrawal bleeding vs AF. Is there anyway to tell before the next cycle? Basically, I'm not sure if this is CD 4 or if I'm just experiencing withdrawal effects from stopping BCP.
    We're not TTC right now but when I went on my BCP in January 2011 I had a bit of bleeding but not enough to think it was a period. It was a bit spotty and I got crampy but nothing heavy. Surprisingly my period was totally normal and like clockwork until my BFP in December of '11. Not sure if this helps or not! GL!

• CD 19, we were TTA this cycle but I'm all in on the next one. And it needs to work because I don't want to get knocked up in December again. Three September babies is too many, the birthday party madness was insane enough this year with two.

I also may or may not have ordered super slutty Halloween costumes to aid me in my quest to get pg next month.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • I'm a little terrified to get pregnant this cycl. But depending on the outcome of Sunday, we may be putting it on hold for ~9 months.
    What is Sunday?
    Maybe LL will be POAS on Sunday. According to her DPO that would put her at 9. That's when I pee and that's when I've gotten all my positives. What say you LL? :)

Little Sprout Blog

• edited October 2013
    I use the clear blue opks because I hate trying to figure out if the line is darker, these give you a smiley face if it's positive. I'm on CD15, but my cycles are usually 35ish days so I'm just peeing on opks for now. I had my blood test to check my thyroid last Wednesday and am hoping we get the results before I get the smiley face because if all is good we will be trying but if there is a problem we will be holding off until the doc gives us an ok.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CD14. I don't know WTF my body is doing. I have been bleeding for two days now. Regardless, we'll DTD tonight and tomorrow and probably thursday and see what happens. 
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Clearly I don't know it's Tuesday since I think Thursday is three days away. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • auroraloo said:

auroraloo said:

CD30. Just waiting for AF to show her uglywhoreface. 14DPO and BFN this AM so I know I'm out.

I got my BFP with M at 16 DPO, remember? With C it was 9 DPO. Just throwing that out there. You're not out until AF is here.
    ---

Meh, I'm like 500% sure I'm PMSing and we didn't have the greatest timing this month anyways. I'm not getting my hopes up.

I get that. I'll keep my hope to myself. But I have it for you.

I just want everyone to have more babies, especially if they want them. And some if they don't... @redneckmomma25...

Ha! I do and I don't. I'm off bcp. I actually got a period at 34cd where as last time off bcp it was 9mo before I got a period( with testing, no PCOS.) I just go back and forth. So maybe in the next couple months I can figure it all out.

• CD1.

:(   I'm so sorry spoof! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• CD1.
    BOO!!!!!!!!
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • CD1.
    That sucks! I'm sorry

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • CD1.