Parenting

Vaguebookers....ugh

So DH and I just recently joined FB after years of resisting it. My MIL (among other people) is one of those people who feels the need to put her entire llife on FB and that's just NMS.. But with DS getting older, and all of our family living out of state and unable to visit that much, I figured it'd be nice for our family/friends to be able to see pics of our son here and there to watch him grow.

This morning I decided to browse thru my news feed and find an obnoxious vaguebook post from my MIL. Something about "I hate seeing any of my children being treated unfairly and bc of this I'm taking a break from FB...I can't understand how someone can be so cruel, im gonna shut my mouth before i say something that will get me in trouble...so bye!" and blah blah. Something along those lines. Mmmmk.

Welp....This is a good example of the shit I'm not a fan of. This is why we've resisted FB all these years. What a drama queen. Its like she's just begging for someone to ask her what's wrong. That shit annoys me.

Ok. Bitchy vent over.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vaguebookers....ugh

• We just got FB in August. I use it only to update out of state relatives. I take everything else with a grain of salt. I would just ignore her... and hide her from your newsfeed.

• @jackofthebox that's the main reason we got it too. Plus I like reading the daily articles I get on my feed from Fitness and Shape magazine! Lol.

And yes...that BS most certainly got blocked.
  • Loading the player...
  • I ignore so much shit on fb. 
    image       image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I ignore so much shit on fb. 

Same. I've found that FB really can be an enjoyable one-stop-shop kind of site and is easily customizable....but alll the stupid...I just can't take it sometimes.
  • Serious question: how are people supposed to use Facebook then?  Isn't it supposed to be a place to put all your shit out there for the world to see. (I should note, I don't have an account)
  • This is why I don't have one.

• This is why I don't have one.

I'm starting to think I shouldn't have joined! Lol...but it is cool for other things, like articles from different magazines and to allow family members to feel included in our son's growth and stuff.
  • Serious question: how are people supposed to use Facebook then?  Isn't it supposed to be a place to put all your shit out there for the world to see. (I should note, I don't have an account)

IMO, its a great way to keep in touch with distant family and friends...exchange photos of the kids and whatnot. But definitely not the place to air out your dirty laundry. That shit is just irritating.
  • @CinemaGoddess ITA. My theory is that if you have a problem with someone/something, bring that shit to THAT person. Dont post something dramatic and vague on FB in hopes that someone will be all "aawww...honey, whats wrong???".

Fuck that noise. Call me a bitch, but I guess I just don't care that much.

Well...apparently I've decided to wear my bitch hat today!
  • @MrsT0514 is she talking about your DH (like, insinuating you are mistreating him)? This is driving me nuts and I don't know the woman.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• $10 says that if someone asks a vaguebooker what's wrong, the person will say "Nothing." or "I'll PM you". 

RAGE.  
    My favorite is when they go "I don't want to talk about it." Uh....

Formerly known as KJLx121.
  • MrsT0514MrsT0514 member
    edited October 2013
    @loveactually4 LOL no...we barely see/talk to her. My best guess is she's talking about my SIL (MH's HS aged sister). My MIL mentioned that "she didn't understand how someone that is supposed to be looked up to can be so cruel". My little SIL is a senior in HS and really involved in field hockey so she's probably ranting about something with.that. Who the hell knows lol.

Eta she pulls this shit all the time. She tends to blow things out of proportion and then has to put all her drama out on FB to get reactions out of people. I love her bc shes my MIL...and ya know, family & all that jazz, but shes the epitome of a drama queen. She thrives on this shit. I try my best to just ignore it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"