Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Excuse Needed for more time off!!

Ok Ladies I need your help!!
My 12 weeks will be up soon and I want an additional 2 months off unpaid ( i know im greedy!). I need help coming up with a decent excuse. I work in a place with lots of women so they are understanding but Im afraid that b/c its holiday time they might need me. But I feel like if I give a decent excuse they wont get mad at me. Im 80% sure if I ask for 2 more months off my job will still be there and wont be given away. Replacing me would take time and money to train someone new which isnt easy. I know Ill need to pay insurance but thats fine with me.

Should I say she has reflux? Do breast fed babies even get that? They know I Breastfeed.

Re: Excuse Needed for more time off!!

• I would just be honest. Discuss your options with your boss or manager (can you take an additional 2 months off? Will you still have your job?) and go from there. Tell her or him that you want more time with your child. Period. No need to come up with an excuse or lie. Most people with children, especially women, will understand. If some people get mad at you then so what? You work with them and it's really none of their business. And if they are coworkers who are true friends then they will understand and support you. Honesty is always the best option, IMO. Hope that helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with honesty as your excuse. America has the worst laws for mothers so don't feel greedy. Most nations give far more than 3 months.
    imageimageimage

• Yes agreed with pp honesty is the best, don't lie it will only bite you in the ass later.
  • Being honest is your best bet because really, that's a lame lie.  Lots of kids have reflux and it doesn't mean you have to be with them 24/7.  Are you willing to take a gamble with that 80%?  Obviously you know that after 12 weeks they can let you go without even a discussion so you really need to trust their word if they agree to give you the time.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Why lie about wanting to spend more time with your child? If there are SO many women who work there, I'm pretty sure you won't be the only one who has ever wanted to spend more time with your child. If it's okay with your work, and financially you guys can swing it, there's really no need to lie.
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Don't lie, just ask. No one likes a fibber.
  • Just be honest - lying could come back to bite you in the ass.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yes, Honesty is better! Im going to ask Monday...
    Thanks Ladies
  • Just tell them you want to take 2 months off. You won't be covered under FMLA (if you even are), but just tell them. You don't need to make up an excuse.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"