June 2013 Moms

~*~ Gettting Healthy Check-In ~*~

musicalsilvermusicalsilver member
edited October 2013 in June 2013 Moms
This check-in is not necessarily exercise-related - I know a lot of us are trying to eat healthier and give up bad habits thanks to the motivation of pregnancy/new baby, so any kind of getting healthy is welcome here!
What did you do last week? 
What do you have planned for this week? 
What is your goal? 
QOTW: To go along with @WasNotWas's challenge - do you drink enough water during the day?
And our leader-board for participation ... keep up the good work ladies!
21 weeks in a row for @ktjayne119 - phenomenal job!
17 weeks for @smellychelly25 - well done!  
15 weeks in a row for @tttwalters - nice work!
14 weeks in a row for @BonnieK10 - keep up the wonderful progress!
12 weeks in a row for @jo27key - excellent job!
11 weeks in a row for @tiffletons518 - lovely job lady!
10 weeks in a row for @stackie16 and @WasNotWas - way to hit the double digits strong!
7 weeks in a row for @kdc2007 - keep up the wonderful progress!
5 weeks in a row for @kellen&estevan, @MegStory17, and @calikat80 - nicely done ladies!
3 weeks in a row for @RedCherry1109 - good job!
2 weeks in a row for @phishgirl29 - so happy to see you back!
And a very warm welcome to this week's newcomers   ... @NicoleReed0324 and @Acrosthec!
BabyFetus Ticker
DS born 6/2013

Re: ~*~ Gettting Healthy Check-In ~*~

• What did you do last week? I did a lot of walking and tried to eat healthy whenever possible.  I did slip a couple of time regarding cookies!
    What do you have planned for this week?  Taking a spin class this afternoon and more walking! 
    What is your goal? Still aiming for the last 10 by Christmas.
    QOTW: Do you drink enough water during the day?  I alternate between water and lemon seltzer all day.  I have 1 iced coffee and a wine at dinner.  The rest is water/seltzer.  I should drink more water in general but it's hard peeing all the time with a baby to care for!

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Last week- Sucked. All of us being sick has really knocked me off the wagon and onto my face. But, I still managed to lose a pound. I think it was more, nothing tastes good so why bother eating.

This week- I started going to the gym again. I forgot how good it feels to be there. I also took a dreaded "before" picture. I found that it really helped after DD2 actually seeing my body change. I plan on doing at least 4 days a week at the gym running. My 10k is in 3 weeks, and I want to sign up for a half in the spring.

Goal- Back to pp weight by my race ( 3lbs in 3 weeks) and another 5 by Christmas. I'm getting closer to  my goal weight, so I have to fight harder for the last few lbs.

QOTD- I used to be awesome about drinking water. But, I have been so tired lately that I have been loading up on caffeine instead. I know water would make me feel better too, but when I'm cold and exhausted.. a second pot of coffee just sounds so much more appealing. I know, bad girl.
  • Loading the player...
  • What did you do last week? I was not that awesome last week.  My soccer game was cancelled, so I did a kinda pathetic run instead.  And continuing on the 30- day ab challenge- on track to finish it in 40 days. :)
    What do you have planned for this week? Two soccer games Friday, and  I am swimming with a friend on Saturday.  And then I need to back away from the Halloween candy- my sugar detox will start next Monday. 
    What is your goal? Just feeling more in shape by Thanksgiving. 
    QOTW: To go along with @WasNotWas's challenge - do you drink enough water during the day? Probably not, but I am making a lot more of an effort. I did better yesterday- thanks @wasnotwas
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Last week was ok, MH was out of town for work Tuesday-Friday so I didn't do any exercise, but I did a much better job reigning in my eating.

This week has been great so far, drinking all the water makes me want junk food less. I plan on keeping it up all week (giggidy) and getting in some last minute cardio before our family photos on Friday.

Goal is to have my clothes to fit better AND to make healthy choices

I am, of course, drinking lots of water. I pooped without caffeine this morning for the first time!

#Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Last week there was only 1 day I didn't do done sort if exercise. However, I did not run as much as I wanted... And I didn't watch what I ate. But I don't how lost a pound! Yay!
    This week I need to not eat crap all day everyday. I am also going to keep up the daily exercising and hopefully up my jogging.
    Goal is 12 more lbs to ppg weight!!
    Yesterday I drank enough water, hopefully I can make it a habit!

• @kdc2007 - sounds good to me!  I always need to work on my core strength more!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Last week: slacked on the fitness, but watched my diet. I lost a pound and a half!! I finally broke 140! I weighed in this morning at 139.5 lbs. I can't tell you how excited that makes me after teetering between 140-142 for 2 months.

This week: pure barre 3 days/run 3 miles 5 days. Lose another lb.

Goal: break 130 lbs by Christmas.

QOTW: I have been guzzling water since last week, and honestly, I really think it attributed to my added weight loss. chugging a huge 20 oz glass right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary       

• @kdc2007, let's do it!! :)
    Anniversary       

• @kdc2007 that looks like fun! I'm in too. :)

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • last week I ran 80 km in the week, it felt great. I am feeling stronger all of the time.

this week I am adding in more weights and stretching. I am also feeling that my appetite is leaviling out, I am less hungry all of the time.

my goal is 9 more lbs by christmas, and to start feeling more positive about my post baby body.

I drink lots of water, and this may be tmi, but I enjoy going pee because I have always felt its like a min timeout from everything during the day (maybe not so much with a screaming baby though!)

and @kdc2007 I am so in!

• Last week: I did 6 days of turbofire! I feel awesome. It's my favorite workout program

This week: another 6 days of turbofire! Woohoo!

My goal is 10 lbs by Christmas!

I do awesome with water. It's really the only thing I drink and I'm always thirsty!
  • Better late than never- we did every Halloween activity in the north shore yesterday so I wasn't on my phone much!
    Last week: ran 3x, did weights and started plank challenge. More importantly I finally can say I was eating better and not snacking after dinner. I was also super active with the boys whenever I had a chance. Like actually pushing the swing higher and running after G while wearing Lo. If also like to say for my mental health all 4 of us took an amazing 2.5 hour nap on Sunday afternoon and it seriously made me feel better than a good run. I've been worn out and needed it. Oh and I went to the chiro finally and that felt great too. I had a lot of positivity going on last week!

This week: continue on to have a week like last!

Goal: regular pants by Christmas.

QOTD: most of the time. I need a bottle in front of me at work or while nursing, but if one is around and filled I chug all the time. I keep big squirt bottle on every floor of the house and one in the car and that really helps.

• Oh and I just saw the squats and an challenge- I'm in! The plank one has been goo so far- I'm up to two minutes! Gives me something to do during the never ending World Series games.

• What did you do last week? I ate healthy as much as possibly.
    What do you have planned for this week? I'm going to try to now that it's getting day light earlier.
    What is your goal? to lose weight and feel better about my self.
    QOTW: To go along with @WasNotWas's challenge - do you drink enough water during the day? Probably not but I'm trying to work on it.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• fine... @kdc2007 I'm in too
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • @kdc2007 - I'm in too for the challenge!
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • What did you do last week? A couple walks around the condo complex. Did shitty on eating again
    What do you have planned for this week? More walking, drink more water.
    What is your goal? Lost 6 pounds, tone up.
    QOTW: To go along with @WasNotWas's challenge - do you drink enough water during the day? Nope
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"