December 2012 Moms

Any work from home moms?

How do you do it? Do you still get childcare for your kids or do you watch them while you work? I was offered a WAH full-time customer service position that would require zero background noise or distractions due to fielding phone calls at times. I've been a SAHM for 4 years so that seems impossible but we need the money so if there is a way to make it work I would like to try. Any advice?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

Re: Any work from home moms?

• I tried to work at home part time but I couldn't even grade papers and take care of a baby--I had to get childcare to do anything work-related during the day.  It still is nice to be home--you can bf if you are still and you are there in case of emergencies and feel like you are in on what is going on with your baby.  It sounds like for your job, you would have to be pretty clear with your childcare person about when it was okay to interrupt you tho.  Even so, perhaps you could save by hiring a high school student or someone in the summers at least because you really do not need someone quite as responsible if you are there...and they can play outside and be quiet.  
  • I WAH and am in sales which required a lot of calls and phone time. I had my LOs in daycare because it is totally unprofessional to hear them in the bkgd. No excuse for it. The perk was that I didn't have to spend the time or money commuting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I work from home mainly. I'm in sales too and do have appointments and meetings outside of the home. DH is here most the time and mil watches her here Saturdays and my mom Sundays. So I'm still here to feed and conifer when needed. We play WAY more than we should but my "office" is a little desk in the living room. We are in a pretty small one story town home so it's pretty stressful at times to get things done.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"