Attachment Parenting

Need bed sharing help!

Our DD is 4mo and we bed share. I like the idea of it and being so close to DD, but we mainly do it because it's the only place she will sleep at night. I EBF. The problem is she wakes up practically every hour and usually needs nursing to get back to sleep or she cries. She wakes easily so my husband is now sleeping on the couch. I don't consider any of us to be getting good sleep. Is there a way to help her sleep better or get her to sleep in her AR cosleeper? I've tried bouncing her to sleep and trying to lay her in there but she always wakes up and starts crying. We also use white noise and the pacifier but nothing really works.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Need bed sharing help!

• I was going to say 4 month wakeful too. In our case, there wasn't much we could do other than just bite the bullet and get through it. DH slept on the couch a few times during the worst parts. It's so hard, but it will be over soon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • As PPs said, 4 months is a very big time for growth and reaching developmental milestones, both of which interfere with sleep and can make babies need to nurse more during the night. She may really be hungry when she wakes that often because of a growth spurt. She could be restless because of learning new skills. She also could be starting to teethe, and nursing for pain relief!

Baby sleep goes through phases of long and short sleep stretches. Hopefully this will be a quick short sleep stretch phase, and she'll be back to longer stretches soon!
    imageimage
  • DD was having trouble nursing during the day at 4mo. Too much to see and do! Be sure to tank up enough, especially in the evening. She is still a boobie piggy at night. I feel your pain.
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Thanks everyone. I just ordered The No Cry Sleep Solution from the library. Honestly, she has been like this for a while now, so I don't know if it's the 4 month thing.. but hopefully things will get better after this stage.
  • We are going through a similar thing. It doesn't seem like there is much to do except ride it out. =/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is so tough. It's the only place she will sleep and still wont sleep well. Mother in law asks: "Well does she go to sleep when you just let her cry?" I say "I'll never do that." She says "Well, you might have to.." and rolls her eyes. She is full of it because as soon as LO so much as squawks she picks her up.

:-?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"