Trouble TTC

Support groups?

Hey ladies! I was wondering if any of you have sought out support throughout your journeys, outside of the Bump that is. Resolve holds a peer-led support group once a month in my area and I am thinking of going. Sort of (okay very) nervous to attend though-I am pretty introverted and the thought of opening up about this whole process makes me feel a little anxious. But I also think it would be a very good thing to meet people who are going through similar situations. I don't really know anyone IRL that is going through infertility right now.

Just curious if any of you have attended such a meeting and what your experience was like? Thanks for sharing!

Me: 29 DH: 30
TTC since April 2012
April 2013 HSG: All clear!
SA, bloodwork normal
Dx: unexplained IF
4.28.2013: clomid 50 mg + trigger + IUI#1= BFN
5.24.2013: femara 5 mg + trigger + IUI#2= BFN
6.20.2013: femara 5 mg + trigger + IUI#3= BFN

Re: Support groups?

• I am planning on attending a Resolve Mtg for the first time next week.  So no experience here, but I wanted to talk to some people ( other than the bump) that are experiencing the same thing I am especially if we move forward with IVF etc..

My DH doesn't understand my need to do this, but I am doing this for me.  I have considered counseling but will try this first.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• @ksgsmu I hope the meeting goes well next week! I have also considered counseling. There is a counselor I've just emailed a couple times who specializes in infertility, and I have been going back and forth on whether to set up an appointment. I would like to work on my coping mechanisms and managing anxiety, especially if we go forward with IVF next year.

@calindi I really need to remember what you said in your first paragraph-about how common it really is, having frequent success, and that many people do understand. IF feels so isolating to me at times, and I need to remember there are lots of other people in the same boat, and remember to stay positive. I think a support group will help so much in that regard. And thank you for sharing your experience with attending a support group. This is encouraging to me since I don't know how comfortable I will be opening up at first.

@Rumbera28 I hope that you have found the therapy helpful. I will be sure to let all you ladies know about the experience if I go ahead with attending. 

TTC since April 2012
    SA, bloodwork normal

• Loading the player...
  • I went to my first Resolve meeting last month and I loved it. These computer forums are GREAT, but it's really not the same as being able to have conversations with people that are all going through the same thing. The ONLY thing I will warn you about is that a day or two after the Resolve meeting, I started to feel really sad/pessimistic. I'm heading into my first IVF, but there are people with 3+ failed IVF cycles and women who miscarried after IVF, and who went to other countries to get IF treatments and they still didn't work. It made me think, "why would I be so lucky that it happens for me on my 1st or 2nd try." Here's the thing, most people showing up to a Resolve meeting are not pregnant, so you don't get the success stories. On the forums, people post their success, so you see success on a regular basis. 

With that said, I am going to continue going to the meetings because it was more helpful then not.
    Me (31) - PCOS with insulin resistance

4 rounds of Clomid = no response
    IVF # 1 - ET (1 3AA, 4 frosties): 12/22 = BFP
    EDD: 9/9/2014

• @calindi wow what an inspiring story! I really admire your strength in being open about infertility. 

@FloridaSun82 thank you so much for sharing your experience with attending a Resolve support group. I am glad that you had a good experience with it, and thank you for the warning about not hearing the success side of things. That is something that had crossed my mind so I appreciate you bringing that up.

Thanks again to all you ladies for your input on this. :)

TTC since April 2012
    SA, bloodwork normal

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"