Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Sleep Suit weaning

So I knew we would be here at some point and had been dreading it . LO came so close to rolling over in her Merlin Sleep Suit that we stopped using it. Tonight was the first night and its been a mess. She's all over the crib, rolling over (wont hardly sleep on her stomach), playing, waving her arms and legs... Generally spazzing out. She slept SO good in her sleep suit!

Anyone have any tips or experience on weaning from the sleep suit? I don't mind one night of transition, but I'm so scared this is going to be a long process. I was just starting to feel somewhat rested again!

I also worry about her being so mobile at night and getting a limb caught in the crib slats or her sleeping on her stomach ( if she ever will) since there's so much out there warning about the risk of sids from stomach sleeping.

And now of course as I finish typing this she has passed out on her stomach! Now if I could only stop worrying and do the same!

Re: Sleep Suit weaning

• You could try a zipadeezip
  • we did a fleece PJ in her size, a fleece PJ in a size bigger, and a sleep sack for the first week out of the sleep suit. This gave her that "comfy" feeling and she slept fine in it...we never had a regression at night time out of the sleep suit. Now she's down to one fleece and her sleep sac for night time and just  a sleep sack for naps
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Loading the player...
  • just read the end of your post-go to sleep, mom. she's fine on her belly. look at most mammals, they sleep on their belly.  if your on the 6-9 board your daughter is out of the highest risk age for SIDS as it is
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • My DS is still in his. I'm praying he can wait a few more weeks until Mid December before I have to stop using it. He doesn't really try to roll or anything, but that can change. By then, my fall semester will be over and I'll have the ability to be sleep deprived if it doesn't go well .. 
    But I'll be watching this post for other hints :)
  • Thanks for the tip VPGIRL. Will be trying your suggestion tonight. Fingers crossed that it helps, as LO boycotted ALL 3 naps today. Hopefully being exhausted will help the process along... :-/
  • hope it helps!  she just may need to get used to her limbs as well being moveable :/. That make take a day or 2 and then she'll get over it....
  • VPGIRL06 said:

we did a fleece PJ in her size, a fleece PJ in a size bigger, and a sleep sack for the first week out of the sleep suit. This gave her that "comfy" feeling and she slept fine in it...we never had a regression at night time out of the sleep suit. Now she's down to one fleece and her sleep sac for night time and just  a sleep sack for naps

This worked for us too! We used the fleece sleep sack with no arms.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A sleep sack will help a bit with rolling, but mostly will help with legs not getting stuck in the bars. If your LO is rolling on her own she's ok to sleep on her belly or however she feels most comfortable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"