October 2013 Moms
Options

anyone using a baby k'tan?

i was thinking of buying one.  firstly, i can't find my moby UGH, secondly, it seems way easier to use.  thoughts?  any other recommendations?

Re: anyone using a baby k'tan?

• Options
    Do you have an ergo? Been using mine with the infant insert and I love that thing. Although the kyan seems like it would be good for around the house.

photo 45ad94ec-8f7e-4e11-afa6-d58d009e0ecb_zpse556e368.jpg  image image

• Options
    I have one. I like it. My kid HATES the cradle carry in it though.. so we do the hug carry and I just support his head while carrying him around. It's super easy to use, but I think I'll use a more traditional wrap style carrier once I learn how to use them. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DSC_0552-2  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    allymp13 said:
    Do you have an ergo? Been using mine with the infant insert and I love that thing. Although the kyan seems like it would be good for around the house.
     i do, but it seems bulky for such a tiny speck of a baby, even with insert.  

• Options
    I have it and me and my baby love it. He's only a little over 8 lbs now and we used it when he was smaller. He falls asleep instantly.
    Oct 13 April Siggy: Bunnies
    The 33 Most Important Bunny GIFs On The Internet

DS born on 9/30/13 from IVF #1.2!
      Lilypie - (xNS5)
  • Options
    I have one. I am still practicing with it. (It is super easy, but I keep forgetting to use it.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i dont have one, but my sister does and loves it.  i'd consider getting one if i find a deal.  i have a moby and a bjorn now.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have one but I haven't had the nerve to try it yet...I really need too. Thanks for reminding me and I'll let you know how he likes it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I used mine when the dude was still tiny. He just recently broke 8lbs. It has been a lifesaver for getting things done around the house. He falls asleep instantly and I can fold laundry etc. It is super easy. I use the kangaroo/cradle position at home and plan to use the hug position at church now that he has more head control (6wks today).

Make sure you get the right size. If it is toi big, you can shrink it in the dryer. Too small may smush baby. Here are pics of Renny cuddling and hanging out :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jessjhhjessjhh member
    edited October 2013
    MosyMama said:

I have one, and it's easy to use but I'm afraid that it squishes LO when I try to put him I'm it upright to do the kangaroo/snuggle position. He seemed to like the cradle position, but his chin was too close to his chest for my comfort.

This. It also kinda squishes him. I think it'll be better when he gets a bit bigger and I can do different holds.
  • Options
    I love it. DS2 was born 9 lbs so I didn't have to wait for him to grow. I've used it several times and it's been great and very easy to use.

I'll probably use something more structured when he gets older but for now, the Ktan is perfect.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Emergency ileostomy 11/28/10, CF dx on 12/3/10 and ileostomy takedown 1/24/11, feeding tube placed 7/1/11...still going strong! Little one lost 5w5d, 5/27/2012. CP 8/26/2012
  • Options
    I loved my K'Tan for DS1, but it was really only good until about 15 pounds or so.  The biggest problem is that it stretches, so you have to wash/dry it after only a couple hours of use. 

I used it once or twice with this LO, but quickly switched into my new Becco Butterfly when I Realized how much more awesome it is. 

FTR, DS2 was born at 8lbs 13oz and is now 11lbs so I don't have much experience as far as what works best with a tinier baby. 

image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love my k'tan! It is definitely easier than the moby and is just way less fabric. It will fit a little snug the first wear, but will have some stretch to fit you nicely. To the pp's who mentioned their little peanuts ;) You can use the hug position and still support lo's head. I just tuck it into one of the sides. works great!
  • Options
    I've used it a few times.  It was the only thing that calmed her down yesterday and she slept for a while in it.  It was tricky to figure out at first, but that could have been just me, 

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I love mine! It takes 2 seconds to get her in and she instantly falls asleep! Such a lifesaver

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"