July 2012 Moms
Options

Moms who work from home

As you can probably tell, I'm trying to plan my postpartum work situation and could use some input from you all. 

Someone in my company hinted that they may be interested in bringing me back to full-time next year.  This is great news but I'm about to have 3 kids and I'm not sure how I can make it work.  I'm not opposed to putting Olivia into daycare now that she's over 1 but I don't want to start the babies right after birth.  Ideally, I would like to find someone who can watch the kids at my house for 5ish hours in the morning. 

Does anyone do something similar?  If you work full-time, what is your childcare situation?  Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
my baby you'll be."

Re: Moms who work from home

• Options
    Tumaini goes to daycare four hours in the morning, and doesn't nap while there. I go pick her up on what I consider my "lunch break", play with her a bit and then put her down for her nap. I work while she sleeps, and when she wakes, she gets some free time to play while I clean and make dinner. We also go to the park or do another activity before diner. Once she's in bed, I catch up on the few hours of work I haven't done, and I also work during her naps on the week-end. It means I'm working seven days a week, and about five evenings a week, but we don't have to rush in the morning, she gets to play in her own things in the afternoon, and we spend more time together than most other families where the mother works. Also, because I can clean while she plays, I don't have to worry about cleaning in the evenings.

However, I'm not sure how it would work if i had two...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    @Pegleg715 I can't believe you get by with so little help. Super mom! I don't have any idea how flexible the hours will be so I'm trying to cover all bases. I would like to get away from working so much in the evenings because I feel like we don't get much family time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"