November 2012 Moms
Options

To Worry or Not To Worry?

I got out the wooden blocks from my childhood for little bit to play with, and he LOVES them. His favorite, for some reason, are the cylinders. However, he has this habit of putting the short ones (approx 2 inches long and about 3/4 inch diameter) in his mouth and crawling/cruising around like that. It is COMPLETELY freaking out my husband. I keep telling him it's too big to be a choking hazard. Am I being too hands-off? I'm actually more concerned when he puts the longer ones in his mouth because I'm afraid if he falls over with that in his mouth it'll really hurt him.

Thoughts?
And i'm shaken then i'm still. When your eyes meet mine, i lose simple skills. Like to tell you all i want is now. Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: To Worry or Not To Worry?

• Options
    I tend to be pretty laid back with the toys, but that would make me nervous.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I get nervous when she's movign around with even a cherrio in her mouth.  I would be hesitant too.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd be nervous... But then again, my nephew was almost killed by the nail from the tool bench being lodged in his throat when he was 19 months old. So we all tend to be a little more nervous over here with that kind of stuff.

It was completely innocent. He was sitting holding it and his brother ran into him from behind and pushed him forward. His hand went into mouth and in it went. Scary stuff.

The toy was recently recalled after many years bc there were several more recent incidents like my nephew's.

So... Yes. I'd be nervous!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"