Trouble TTC

Intro and question

Hello, ladies of 3T!  I lurk here from time to time, and am mostly active on the LGBT and Trying to Get Pregnant boards.  Since many of you seem to be doing IUI I thought I may fit in this category, too.  I may not have an actual diagnosis (aside from irregular cycles - does that count?) but since I'm a lesbian I use donor sperm, Clomid, Ovidrel, and all that good stuff.

Anyway, I'm in the 2WW of my second IUI.  I went to my RE this morning for a progesterone check.  My levels are at 14.5 right now, and she wants me on suppositories until my testing day (this Saturday).  If it's a BFP, I must continue the suppositories.  If it's a BFN, I can stop.  

Just wondering if anyone's had experience with this?  Are suppositories supposed to help with implantation or just supporting a growing fetus in the early stages?

Thank you in advance for your help! 

Re: Intro and question

• I use progesterone supps because my progesterone levels are always on the low side ( natural cycles and medicated cycles)... many RE's prescribe them with any medicated cycle.  They help support a pregnancy...
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• No advice, just wanted to say welcome.
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Loading the player...
  • I'm on oral supplements b/c I have a really short luteal phase. My friend at work is on suppositories...but both help support a possible pregnancy like @ksgsmu said.
    Welcome and GL to you!
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • My RE has made me take them with every cycle. I think they make the lining thicker so there is more for the embryo to stick to.
    Ready to take the road less traveled. 
  • Your body, when it releases an egg, the collapsing follicle releases progesterone telling your body to keep fluffing up our uterine lining.  If it does not detect a pregnancy, it stops producing the progesterone and thus you get a period.  Like many have mentioned, many just do this for all treatment cycles.  Or others are put on it when they are shown to have low p4 readings all the time (I fit into this category), or if their 7dpo P4 reading is lower then they'd like.  

They want your P4 to be above 10 on a non medicated cycle and above 15 on a medicated cycle.  If yours was 14.5 they are just being on the safe side since you are close to 15 but just below.  If you get PG on this cycle, they will have you continue taking it until you are 10-13 weeks into pregnancy when the placenta takes over.  
    Good luck & Welcome aboard!

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• I will be using the suppositories this cycle, I am not really sure the purpose... LOL  Welcome!
    Siggy Warning... loss mentioned

Married since March 2008 -- Me- 31    DH - 30  Trying to grow our family since 2009... Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 

Started seeing RE Aug 2013

Cycle #1  – IUI #1  10.31.13 - BFN

Cycle #2 - IUI #2 cancelled – FAIL

Cycle #3 - IUI #2 12.27.13  BFN

Cycle #4 -  IUI #3 1.24.14  BFN

Cycle #5 - IVF #1 with ICSI(2 3bb blasts) 3.19.14, no frosties.. BFN

Surprise BFP on 6.10.14 ... Miscarried 7.7.14 

Walked away from Fertility Treatments and began to look into our Foster/Adopt License in April 2014.

Our Journey Blog...  http://salatafamilyest2008.blogspot.com/

• Thanks everyone!  @katib77 that totally makes sense.  Thank you very much for your detailed answer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"