Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Short Naps?

My DD is going on 19 months, and has been going down for a 2 hour nap around 1-1:30 pretty easily the last few months. Over the last week or so, she has been falling asleep just fine at nap, but then waking up screaming about 30 minutes later. I have tried leaving her alone, and have tried nursing her back to sleep (she is still nursing at nap and bedtime), but will not go back to sleep. For those of you with children older or this age, could this be sleep regression? She is not currently getting any new teeth, has been eating fine and STTN. I am putting her to sleep at night earlier on the days she doesn't nap, I am just worried she is not getting enough total sleep.

What is the latest you would try putting your child down for nap, for those of you with 18-19mo olds? Wondering if I am putting her down too early? TIA!

Re: Short Naps?

• Options
    What time does your LO wake in the morning? Maybe that is too late for a nap. When DD gets overtired she tends to sleep less. DD wakes up between 6:30 and 7:00am and I try to have her in bed for her nap at 12:00 or 12:15 at the latest. Any later than that and her cycle gets all messed up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

She usually is awake by 7am, although lately it has been harder to tell when she actually wakes up- we ditched the video monitor when it kicked the bucket and have the sound only on our Angelcare...I usually hear her around 7am, I should say!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"