Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Please talk me out of it.

We hve two beautiful, perfect, healthy children, and I feel blessed every day for that. Suddenly, despite years of saying I wanted no more than 2, I am actually considering a third. My husband would populate the earth with children if I let him, but pregnancy and early babyhood have always been .... tough for me. I honestly don't know if our marriage could survive it again. However, my heart is suddenly getting the better of me, and I am finding myself really wanting another one, despite all the reasons I had cited before: the $$, especially child care, the fact that our youngest is actually showing signs of FINALLY being out of diapers, we want to travel, they actually listen to me (sometimes) when I ask them to do things, and finally, the fact that I refuse to drive a minivan.

But, the whole getting pregnant/planning for new baby/excitement thing is suddenly calling to me again, and I am forgetting all that other stuff. I am certain that DH would be thrilled at the idea that I am even considering it, so I am of course hesitant to talk to him about it ....  don't know. Talk me out of it, please. Three kids is horrifyingly difficult, isn't it????

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Please talk me out of it.

• Options
    I'm pregnant with my third and my other two have become demons. I fear what's to come in may but I felt like you,,,thought I was done because my daughter has always been a pain in the ass. I had the fever, got pregnant,,, and now feel selfish & scared. Wouldn't wish it away, but your fears are probably legit & if you don't have the money, then it might not be a good idea. That being said,,, I'm a third child so I'm glad those same concerns never stopped my parents & while we had no extra money, I'm amazed at how my mom made it work! If you guys want to travel etc, then you need to figure out what & when you want which most! I'm wondering if you posted this just to be talked IN TO it from others? If not, trust your instincts, only you can decide if its the maternal instincts or the logistical instincts ,,,?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"