Babies on the Brain

Pregnant on Vacation?

Hello everyone. DH and I have just started TTGP with #1 and are only on our 2nd cycle. We're young (27, 28), healthy, no reason to think we have any fertility problems. My family has a big Hawaiian cruise planned for the end of March. We've decided that if I'm not pregnant by January then we'll take a few cycles off so I'm not in the middle of morning sickness on vacation. I'm starting to wonder if I'll feel ok enough around 4/5 months pregnant (if we get pregnant this cycle) or if we should put TTGP off until March...

Thoughts from more experienced ladies?
Married November 2009
Clara, August 2014 
Baby Boy due October 2017

Re: Pregnant on Vacation?

• Thanks! I appreciate the input :)
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Good to know. I'll look into it more with our specific cruise line. Thanks!
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Loading the player...
  • I went on a cruise at 6 months with #1 and felt great! Imagine it would be different for everyone though.
    Photoset 15 of 15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I went on a jet boat at 5 months, and ended up puking on the side of the boat while kids on another boat screamed "look at that fat lady barf!" not fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • The only reason why I'd put off ttc for a cruise is depending on the cruise line's rules about pregnancy. I think they don't let you on after a certain week.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I was 21 weeks along when we cruised last Sept. I felt great. Just got over all day sickness! It was nice to have all that food any time I wanted to eat!
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • I was 21 weeks along when we cruised last Sept. I felt great. Just got over all day sickness! It was nice to have all that food any time I wanted to eat!

Haha, excellent point!
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • I am lurking from the May moms board but I just got married last month and had horrible morning sickness our entire honeymoon and wish I would have waited until the honeymoon to start trying. It only took us 1 cycle and we both were surprised
  • We went on a cruise towards the end of my first trimester. I felt fine even though I'd suffered from seasickness on a previous cruise. I recommend getting a room with a window that opens if possible, and be sure to drink plenty of water. Sea bands might be useful, too.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I went to punta Cana around 11 weeks. I had a great time. My morning (well, in my case, night) sickness was gone around 8w.
  • I was over MS by 15 weeks and felt pretty good for the rest of my pregnancy. I think 4-5 months is a great time to go. Your not to big and uncomfortable and your past the iffy 1 st tri!
  • Everyone handles pregnancy differently. H and I went on our honeymoon when I was 6 weeks along, thankfully though, I didn't experience any morning sickness.
    We had another trip planned for when I was 24 weeks along but that had to be postponed until after the birth because we found out we were having twins and I was bedridden at 19 weeks. :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"