September 2012 Moms
Options

HMP and others good at putting together family outfits...

edited October 2013 in September 2012 Moms
...help dress us please :-)

We are doing holiday photos in a few weeks and I need some help putting together some outfits.  I tend to wear black and other dark colors a lot in my everyday life, I wore black in our maternity photos and in her newborn photos, so I would like to avoid that this time as a main color (I am fine with it as an accent).  I also want to avoid putting Audrey in pink for these photos.  I was looking through our closets and H and already own these sweaters that I thought looked good together and are not black.  We would both wear jeans, I could either wear boots or heels, I have a billion of each.  What would you wear under my cardigan?  What would you put Audrey in?  Carter has this dress that I thought would look good, what do you think? https://www.carters.com/carters-baby-girl-collections/Polka-Dot-Holiday-Cutie.html#prefn1=filterNavLevel5&navID=header&prefv1=Dress+Up&start=2&cgid=carters-baby-girl-holiday-shop

I love it when families look coordinated but not all matchy-matchy.  If none of this looks good I am not opposed to buying new clothes, but I thought I would start in here since we already own these pieces.  Also, Audrey does not need to be in a dress, as long as the outfit is girly I am fine with pants or a skirt.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: HMP and others good at putting together family outfits...

• Options
    How about adding in a little mustard yellow. You could do a cream shirt under your cardigan and add a yellow scarf.

Lindsey family pic

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    @hmp1 How in the world did you make this into a collage? Wow, I am impressed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    Seriously!  I love the idea of a pop of color like the mustard.  Are there other colors that would look good with this color palette?  I like mustard on other people but I am unsure how it would look on me.  I will try on some mustard next time I go shopping though!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and, where did you find those yellow shoes? If I do a pop of mustard I'm pretty sure Audrey needs those shoes!
  • Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    Polyvore.com

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    kdsmith43 said:
    Polyvore.com
    Ummm... mindBLOWN.  I had no clue you could do that!

• Options
    This scarf is from Target. 
    Lindsey2 family picture

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    danabsd said:
    hmp1 said:
    kdsmith43 said:
    Polyvore.com
    Wait, don't you use Polyvore?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Oh and, where did you find those yellow shoes? If I do a pop of mustard I'm pretty sure Audrey needs those shoes!
    They're not cheap. Livie and Luca.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Oooo, love that scarf HMP! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    And where are those fab heels from?!
  • Options
    And where are those fab heels from?!
    Target

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    danabsd said:
    hmp1 said:
    kdsmith43 said:
    Polyvore.com
    Wait, don't you use Polyvore?
    Nope, ha, I do it by "hand" with Snagit. :\">

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    They're not cheap. Livie and Luca.
    They are $42 on 6pm.com

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    and for $32, these would be cute with the burgundy/pink/purple combo.
    Livie & Luca - Baby Blossom (Infant)

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I don't really think of this as your style for Audrey. It's more of a cutesy tough girl look with the boots but still cute. Adding in dark teal.

Lindsey2 family picture blue
    Livie & Luca - Floret Boot (Toddler)

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I'm digging the purple mixed in, also the teal color!  I already have a teal scarf and I have purple heels, but I really like the silver toed ones. 
  • Options
    I've got nothing, other than I love all of those....  but wanted to add that
    1) Polyvore is the shiiiiiit! Excellent time-waster.
    and 2) @hmp1 can you come live in my closet and dress me every day? (said in the least creepy way possible). 
  • Options
    ellebee2 said:
    I've got nothing, other than I love all of those....  but wanted to add that
    1) Polyvore is the shiiiiiit! Excellent time-waster.
    and 2) @hmp1 can you come live in my closet and dress me every day? (said in the least creepy way possible). 
    Is it sad that I had a similar thought of @hmp1 if I take pics of all my clothes can you put together outfits?  LOL, @hmp1 I think you have a following, and could totally have a career as a fashion advisor!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    ktobin0519ktobin0519 member
    edited October 2013
    Could I also be added to the list of people who need Hmp as a personal stylist? I never would have thought to add mustard...but I love it!
  • Options
    Thanks for all your help everyone!  I ordered that dress for Audrey and the heels with the silver toes for me and I am going to keep my eyes open for fun accessories while I am out and about this weekend!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    So apparently H does not like that sweater, so knowing that I already bought Audrey's dress and my shoes, what should I do? Have him just wear a white button up? Or I can wear a white sweater and we can get him a gray one? Or buy new tops for both of us? What say you experts?

ETA: he also has a maroon polo that we could put under a v-neck
    Sweater if that would look good.
  • Options
    Would jeans, a white button up or tshirt, and a blazer fit his style? Or any fall/light jacket? 

I think grey, brown, black, or navy would all work for the jacket color.
    Like this but no tie.
    jcrew cashmere sportcoat. want. $995 #sportcoat #blazer #mens #formal #casual #expensive #classy

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    edited October 2013
    He's not much of a blazer guy.  I just bought this dress to wear to a casual day time wedding in a few weeks, but if I like it when it gets here maybe I will wear this and have H wear his gray slacks?  It is dressier than what I was originally thinking, but thats ok.

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=922324022
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"