August 2012 Moms
Options

Meal Plans

What you got ladies -

Tonight - Pork chops with rhubarb chutney, roasted red potatoes and broccoli 

Tues - Spaghetti with homemade meatballs

Wed - Butternut squash soup and fresh arugala salad with dried cranberries

Thurs - Homemade chicken nuggets and sweet potatoe fries (or regular fries if SO has a hissy)

Fri - Leftovers

Sat - Roast turkey breast, stuffing and green beans

Sun - not sure yet, maybe buffalo bites and some other football snacks.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Meal Plans

• Options
    Only meal I have planned is pot roast & veggies in the crock pot with rice pilaf for DH's arrival back home from a month long business trip Wed!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    WOW, I don't know how you ladies handle that time apart, I am sure it is not easy!   I hope you enjoy your dinner!  
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    WOW, I don't know how you ladies handle that time apart, I am sure it is not easy!   I hope you enjoy your dinner!  
    This is the longest we've ever been apart. Prior to this trip, we'd only spent 6 days apart when DS & I flew to my cousin's wedding. It has been hard! So, I spent all day Sunday cleaning, am making him a good meal Wednesday, and bought him a card :\"> 

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm so jealous of your chutney! I always forget rhubarb can have a second growth in the fall.

Mine goes Sunday to Sunday so it started last night.

Sun: pork chops, applesauce and brussels sprouts.

Mon: ww pasta with salmon pesto. Can't wait for this one!

Tue: roasted pepper and tomato soup with welsh rabbit

Wed: leftover soup but just plain old grilled cheese, maybe frico.

Thu: chili in the crockpot and cornbread.

Fri: leftovers

Sat: out!
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    @Baker_Bride I hope it turns out right, I know there isn't much to mess up but I never seem to amaze myself.   LOL    I typically don't get this much with the second growth either but I think it was due to the summer weather lasting so long around here.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
      Mon: ww pasta with salmon pesto.
    So, my meal plan is nonexitent this week, but I just had to share what an idiot I am.  I automatically read "ww" as "weight watchers", not "whole wheat", so since September I thought that daycare was serving my son sandwiches on weight watchers bread.  It just dawned on me this weekend.
    image image
  • Options

I'm bad at meal planning, but I made a bunch of one of my favorite meals last night - pumpkin turkey chili!

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2009/10/healthy-delicious-pumpkin-turkey-chili-recipe.html

BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    Everyone's meals sound so yummy! I shop on Tuesdays. So in making my meal plan right now.
    We are having
    Spaghetti
    Burgers
    Creamy Tortilla soup thank you @britvahok hope you don't mind me copying you.
    Turkey breast w/ mashed potatoes & corn
    Thanks for the ideas ladies!
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    abbyfulabbyful member
    edited October 2013
    Chicken, fennel, kale, coconut soup

Steak & veggies (whatever frozen veggies I have on-hand)

Thai red curry shrimp stir-fry over quinoa

Salmon & veggies (again, random bag of frozen veggies)

Butternut squash soup
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    M- chicken breast with terragon-mustard sauce, rice and broccoli
    T- white pizza
    W- oven roasted whole chicken w fresh herbs and lemon, mashed potatoes/gravy, carrots
    T- Halloween, maybe dinner out
    F- carrot and ginger soup, salad
    S- taco salad

imageimage

• Options
    So, my meal plan is nonexitent this week, but I just had to share what an idiot I am.  I automatically read "ww" as "weight watchers", not "whole wheat", so since September I thought that daycare was serving my son sandwiches on weight watchers bread.  It just dawned on me this weekend.
    LOL had I not read this I would have continued to think Weigh Watchers which when I first read it thought was odd but kept going.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Meal #1 = Turkey pot pie (already made in the freezer) with biscuits on top and salads on the side

Meal #2 = Cumin-rubbed roasted pork tenderloin, wild rice, and roasted veggies (butternut squash, zucchini, red pepper, red onion)

Meal #3 = Whole roasted chicken, mustard roasted potatoes, and cheese-stuffed mini peppers

Meal #4 = Pork chops grilled with apples and onions; French fries on the side

Meal #5 = Roasted bone-in chicken breast, homemade mac and cheese, sesame veggies (carrots, sugar snap peas, peppers)

Yes, Charlotte WILL be allowed to eat the homemade macaroni and cheese.  ;o)
  • Options
    LOL had I not read this I would have continued to think Weigh Watchers which when I first read it thought was odd but kept going.  
    That's funny. I have worked in preschools and daycares. I wonder if that's where I get that? Anyway, it may as well be a Weight Watchers recipe because it's pretty healthy and I always throw in a huge handful or six of spinach every time I make pesto. 
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"