August 2012 Moms
Options

Veggie snacks

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :)

So, I don't care for the snacks that DD's daycare provides, so we send in our own. They do 3 snacks a day, and we usually send oatmeal or yogurt with fruit (or a Kashi cereal bar on days we're running late) for morning snack, a fruit, and a veggie, sometimes a cheese stick.

Fruits are pretty easy because they don't have to be cooked first, but I'm having a hard time coming up with easy veggie snacks. We do cucumbers pretty often, but I'm not sure what other veggies she can eat raw. Anyone know or have quick/ easy recipes that your kiddos like that would make good snacks?

Thanks!

Re: Veggie snacks

• Options
    Will she eat cold cooked veggies?  DD loves cooked carrots and green beans cold.
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Luciano loves green beans, black beans, garbanzo beans, bell peppers. I guess beans aren't technically vegetables, but they are good for him. Frozen peas just defrosted.
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS likes to dip bell peppers in hummus or ranch dressing.  He also loves cherry tomatoes. 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'd forgot about edamame, DS tore it up.
    image image
  • Options
    I second the beans! I gave some to T on a whim to see if he would like them and they were a huge hit! I had to go back for seconds and thirds for him!

• Options
    I second cherry tomatoes. My kid can't get enough of them!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! DD loves cherry tomatoes but they do not seem to love her back. She always starts pooping a lot and gets a bad rash when we give them to her. Bell peppers are hit or miss but they're easy, so we'll keep trying them! We haven't tried too many beans (just green and ranch style... but those are messy) but I might give some others a shot.
  • Options
    Charlotte loves broccoli.  She can't really eat raw broccoli, but loves the cooked stuff.  She also likes sweet potato "fries" which are really just cut up, roasted sweet potatoes.  Steamed edamame is popular with her, too, as are cooked green beans, peas, and corn on the cob.

Probably her favorite meal is rice or quinoa mixed with black beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, and corn.  If I make a big batch, microwaving a bowl of this makes a fast and filling snack for her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"