December 2012 Moms

Mystery Rash

two posts in a row- sorry if I'm bugging ya'll. So DD spent the weekend with the ILs (middle of last week it's like someone flipped the crazy switch and they went back to normal, civil people... for the time being). We saw her Saturday for a while and she seemed fine. We picked her up yesterday and she's got this rash on her cheeks. She doesn't have a fever, the rash isn't hot, it doesn't seem to bother her, and she doesn't act like she feels back. We thought it might be a reaction to something so we gave her some Benedryl and while it diminished the rash for awhile, it didn't clear it up and it came back. We checked with the ILs and she didn't eat anything she hasn't eaten before, they used the same baby soap and detergent we use, and as far as we can tell she wasn't exposed to anything new. She's been over there before and not had a problem. We have now given DD 4 doses of Benedryl and the rash is still there on her cheeks. She does seem to be teething so I wonder if that may have something to do with it. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced anything like this or had any ideas...she still acts fine and the rash has not spread or gotten any worse. Disclaimer- I am not using the internet to diagnose- she has a pedi appt later today, I'm just one of those people that likes to know if anyone in my peer group has similar experiences as me.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

Re: Mystery Rash

• DS has a similar rash (only on the cheeks, not hot, not bothered by it, no spreading), his pedi told me it was just from the extra saliva from teething.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • good to know- i hope it's something simple like that, because we're supposed to leave for vacation Friday

• Loading the player...
  • Has the weather changed where you live? DD is getting eczema patches on her cheeks lately with the cold, dry weather.
  • kjsmith9 said:

Has the weather changed where you live? DD is getting eczema patches on her cheeks lately with the cold, dry weather.

This

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • It has...we went from mild to freezing and now we're back to mild..I really hope it's something like eczema...DH has me afraid it's something like 5th disease that's only going to get worse before it gets better...

• Ok...so the pedi said it wasn't Hand Foot & Mouth b/c there's no spots in her mouth and she doesn't think it's 5th disease either. She wasn't really sure the cause otherwise, but she thinks it's a viral rash that will clear in a couple of days. She also said we could continue the Benedryl if we felt it helps and could use cortisone cream too if we thought we needed to. It kind of drives me nuts that they can't tell me for sure what it is, but the pedi though it's be clear by the time we leave for vacation Friday.

• LO just got this.  She's getting over a cold so I thought it might be that, but I called her doctor just to ease my mind.  She said it sounds like Contact Dermatitis.  Meaning at night when she's sleeping because she drooling from teething and her nose is stuffed, her sheet is getting wet and she's rubbing her cheeks up against the wetness when she moves around.  The nurse told met to use some sort of moisturizer on her cheeks for 3days 3x a day and it should clear it up.  
  • LO just got this.  She's getting over a cold so I thought it might be that, but I called her doctor just to ease my mind.  She said it sounds like Contact Dermatitis.  Meaning at night when she's sleeping because she drooling from teething and her nose is stuffed, her sheet is getting wet and she's rubbing her cheeks up against the wetness when she moves around.  The nurse told met to use some sort of moisturizer on her cheeks for 3days 3x a day and it should clear it up.  

Milla had this when her first set of teeth came in. It took me forever to figure it out. I worried like crazy.
    Then she also got some eczema from walking to get DS in the chilly wind.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"