Late Term and Child Loss

capture your grief day 27

Day 27. Signs: If you believe in life after death do you believe your child has ways of contacting you? Have you had any signs?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: capture your grief day 27

• One of the many signs that make me think of Mary is bumblebees. I never really liked bees (who does?) but the week after Mary's funeral I visited her grave every day. Every day there was this little bee hovering just above the grass that wouldn't leave Mary's little area. I think with her dark hair and yellow cardigan, it's only fitting that she sends us signs as little bees. I feel her in everything, though. A change in the breeze, the sun peaking out from behind a cloud, really anything beautiful I see as a sign from Mary that she's happy, having fun and watching over us.
  • Loading the player...
  • Day 25: signs. I've posted this story before, but it's worth repeating.

Five months after we lost baby Gary we moved from our apartment into our new home. The move was hard for me. Our baby's whole life was in that apartment and I didn't see how I was going to leave it behind. As we were pulling out of our driveway for the last time a little orange butterfly landed on the door to our apartment and stayed until we were out of sight. I even pointed it out to Gary because it was so still and peaceful. When we arrived at the new house we went out to the back deck. A little orange butterfly was resting there in the rail. I don't think that it was my son, it even that it was the same butterfly, but rather him sending us the best sign he could that he was still there, he went where we went. Since then, I see butterflies everywhere. It's such a beautiful reminder that my son is there with me.

• Day 27. Signs:

We do believe in life after death and that Brooke has sent us signs. The morning after Brooke passed, I was driving down a road with my Mom and crossing the street was two ducks. They were crossing on cross walk. It made us smile even for a brief second.

The next day, I was sitting in my car alone in a church parking lot and sure enough I saw two more ducks walking around in the parking lot. They had no reason for being there, there was no body of water anywhere around.

A few more weeks passed and I was on my way home from a counseling session. I had just told my counsler about the ducks being signs to me and I see a single duck standing on the side walk next to the road I was driving down. He happened to be standing in front of a very pretty cemetery.

Those ducks should not have been where they were. There was no reason for them to have been at those places at those times. We have always associated Brooke with ducks, mostly the rubber kind. She was always so cute in her outfits with rubber ducks on them. We do believe that was her telling us she is ok and we will see her again one day on the other side of Heaven.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"