Secondary IF

Egg Retrieval Tuesday!!

Whew!! So, I made it through 11 days of stim meds and my hubby gave me the big, fat trigger shot a few hours ago... This morning I had 8 mature follies (that all measured between 19 and 22). I also had several that measured around 16, 14, or 12. They seemed to think that some of those might catch up by Tuesday morning. My estradiol was 1092 on Saturday (stim day 10) and my lining is 11b. This is my first IVF cycle, so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but the nurses and my doc seem pretty optimistic about this round!! Do all of these numbers and measurements seem normal to you guys?

I am so hopeful/excited/nervous. Please send your thought and prayers and baby dust!! Thank you ladies!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Egg Retrieval Tuesday!!

• I don't know much of anything about those numbers and measurements but hooray for your nurses and doc sounding optimistic about it!  I have everything crossed for you.  Good luck!
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Good luck!!

DS born Jan 2010

TTC#2 since Nov 2010 with breaks for DH cancer tx (remission!)

Tube with hydro removed Feb 2013

BFP 11/11/13 IUI#2 clomid+trigger+prometrium

Beta #1 14dpIUI=106; Beta #2 16dpIUI=287; Beta #3 20dpIUI=1158

5w6d 1 hb 109 and 2nd smaller sac; 7w0d 1 hb 125 and confirmed vanishing twin

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Most of what I know comes from my limited experience, so take it with a grain of salt. I had 16 follicles measuring between 16-21 the day before my retrieval. As my RE was doing the u/s, she said there were more, but she she wasn't going to count them all. Her words to the tech were, "I'm not going to count them all, there are just a lot." I thought I'd have about 15-20 mature follicles based on that. I had 11 retrieved, 9 mature, and 7 fertilized. I wish I had been more direct and just asked roughly how many I should expect, rather than drawing the conclusion on my own. From what I understand, your E2 level is a better predictor of the number of mature follicles. I'm not sure what mine was, but both my doctor and nurse said my level was "beautiful." I asked why the doctor listed 16 follicles but I only had 11 mature and the nurse said we may have lost the biggest ones. I guess sometimes the largest are past there prime by the time of the retrieval. I hope I'm not bursting your bubble. I just think I would have been happier with my results if my expectations weren't so high. That being said, I've heard of many women whose retrieval numbers far exceed their expectations. I hope you fall into the latter category.

Are you hoping to do a fresh transfer?

Good luck! Drink a lot of Gatorade in the days following your retrieval!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good luck! 
    ally510 all follicles don't have eggs in them either.  So that could be a change down in number of eggs retrieved.  Your numbers seem fine. 
    Along with the Gatorade I was told to eat salty foods. 
    Make sure you update us! 

• I don't know about the E2 level or the lining number either. Whenever I would ask they said "looks good". I was on A LOT of meds. The measurements of your eggs sounds good tho. For me, They retrieved 11 eggs, 8 mature, and 5 fertilized. We used 2 of the best to put back in (and had DD), so we have 3 on ice waiting for a FET in Feb. Good luck!!

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• Sending lots of thoughts and prayers!

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Thanks so much ladies! I'm trying to go into it without any expectations, so I'm not disappointed. It's hard not to get excited, though! By this time tomorrow I'll know how many were retrieved!!! Yes, we are hoping to do a fresh transfer (which will probably be on Sunday).  I'd also love to have at least a couple of extras to freeze. So anxious! Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts! I'll update tomorrow afternoon! :)

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"