August 2012 Moms

Chronic constipation

DS has been constipated for the past three weekends. He screams, body goes rigid and my mom has had to literally dislodge the poop with her finger to get him to pass anything and then it is hard and so large and so much. Tonight there must have been about two feet worth! It's awful. He's been going all week on his own so I don't know how in just one day he got so impacted. Any ideas? We've done prune juice, fruits, some diet modification but he's a picky eater so it's hard to adjust. We did milk of magnesia for the doctor recommendation. I can't take watching him in so much pain anymore:(

Re: Chronic constipation

• We have this problem too. We have since Kate was born. Prune juice helps to keep her regular, but I have to give it to her religiously every day.  A few ounces mixed with water. It takes a few days of it to work. I saw that Earth's Best makes a fruit & fiber pouch for toddlers, but I haven't tried that yet. What about giving him a few regular prunes, mixed with another fruit if he won't eat them?
  • Have you tried pear juice? It works wonders.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • When we were having this issue it turned out we were giving LO too much milk. As soon as we lowered his milk intake he improved. The doctor also told us that bananas can plug a kid up so if you are giving him lots of banana maybe ease up a bit to see if it helps.

In addition to changing his diet we were instructed to give him Miralax. It is not addictive so she said it as the best option and can be used daily to keep him regular. We just dissolved a half of a cap full in 8oz of clear liquid and gave him 4oz of liquid 2xs a day. It worked wonders for him. You could always ask your doc if this would be a good option for your LO.

• If worse comes to worse, my doctor recommends a suppository for temporary relief. He says they make them for babies and they're pretty easy to use.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"