February 2013 Moms
Options

Ug, glad Halloween is almost over

I'm so sick of E crying when the commercials start. And I'm so tired of the gory, bloody, grusome costume adds on during morning cartoons! Even Disney has so scary costumes. My kids are so freaked out! It's one thing to set princesses and pirates, it's something completely different to have ghouls and goblins....
                We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

Re: Ug, glad Halloween is almost over

• Options
    I don't like the scary/bloody costumes either. The other thing I don't like is that Halloween is just an excuse for some women I know to dress up in extremely revealing costumes and go out in public wearing next to nothing. It's disgusting to me.

I do like the more fun aspects of Halloween, like cute/fun costumes, trick-or-treat, and pumpkin carving. I'm really excited to dress DD up in her monkey costume on Thursday. 
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    I happen to live on one of those "destination" streets for Halloween where everyone goes nuts with decorations and people drive from neighboring towns to trick-or-treat on my street. Last year we had 1176 trick-or-treators before we ran out of candy and shut off our lights. It is tiring, because during the peak hours there's just a line of people and you stand outside passing out candy. I can't even enjoy the little costumes when I'm so focused on crowd control. So anyway, I'm becoming a grinch too, but for different reasons.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tiffanyp said:
    I happen to live on one of those "destination" streets for Halloween where everyone goes nuts with decorations and people drive from neighboring towns to trick-or-treat on my street. Last year we had 1176 trick-or-treators before we ran out of candy and shut off our lights. It is tiring, because during the peak hours there's just a line of people and you stand outside passing out candy. I can't even enjoy the little costumes when I'm so focused on crowd control. So anyway, I'm becoming a grinch too, but for different reasons.

OMG! We got three kids for trick or treat. THREE! The same three kids we get every year. We just don't have a lot of children nearby us, mostly old people. I kind of like it that way!

• Options
    tiffanyp said:
    You must spend a fortune on candy! We had like 50 last year and I thought that was a lot! I'm not a big fan of Halloween either. Never have been. Slightly more excited this year since it's DD's first but I'm kind of worried that she will hate being in her costume. So it very well may only last long enough for a few pics.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    CatieM80 said:
    tiffanyp said:
    You must spend a fortune on candy! We had like 50 last year and I thought that was a lot! I'm not a big fan of Halloween either. Never have been. Slightly more excited this year since it's DD's first but I'm kind of worried that she will hate being in her costume. So it very well may only last long enough for a few pics.
    50 is nice because then you can actually look at all the costumes. I love handing out candy to the tiny people who come by at 4 p.m. 

Most people in my neighborhood hand out the cheap candy. You can get 300 dum dums for $10, so that's $40 total. You could definitely spend a fortune if you wanted to though! Some people also throw parties and ask their friends to bring candy. Then other people leave town during Halloween and choose to opt out. I can see that option being appealing in the future. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Aw I love Halloween! :) I live in one of those neighborhoods that get a billion trick or treaters. In my subdivision it's mostly young families. So candy can get expensive.

I passed out candy last year but this time we're going to my parents. They have a neighborhood block party every year with food and a bonfire.

Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"