3rd Trimester

Anyone else having a Family Centered Cesarean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP4P758ZxZs

I had to switch doctors a number of times, have a few actually laugh in my face, before I finally found a wonderful, caring man that considered the pile of literature I brought in for him to consider. He looked into it, talked to the anesthesiologists at the hospital and the L&D, and got everyone on board. I just learned that he's ALREADY implemented it as a routine procedure, adn that several moms have already been able to hold their baby skin to skin while still in the OR and breastfeed. How wonderful that something I did to advocate for myself is already benefiting other mothers!!

My first csection I didn't see my baby for 1-2 hours besides the initial shove him next to my face upside down, can barely see his face even, and then baby and daddy whisked away into the nursery until I was out of recovery adn back in my room. There was no complications with me or baby, but it was just routine to take baby to nursery until mom was out of recovery. Dozens of people held my baby before I ever got to. Second one, baby and DH were allowed to stay in the OR with me, but my baby had to stay in teh warmer, which was conveniently (not!) placed at my feet and the drapes blocked my view. I couldn't see him, but I could hear him. Still was about 45min to an hour before I was able to breastfeed and hold him, but at least besides DH I was the first one to hold him.

I wanted so, so badly to have natural, drug free births. With my second, I labored for 3 days at home never progressing beyond 2cm before I gave in and went to the hospital and 15 hours later with still never progressing beyond 5cm. I wanted so badly to hold my baby and not a repeat of my first experience. Third csection, but the FIRST time I will ever be able to see my baby being born (doctor has agreed to allow nurses to lower drapes just enough I can see baby as its pulled out, he will hold him up and allow my husband to announce the gender), first time to ever hold my baby within minutes of its birth, and SKIN to SKIN! Still not entirely happy about needing a csection (getting my tubes tied, - never doing antoher csection again!!!), but trying to make the best out of the situation I have. Just happy to have an OB that actually cares this time!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Anyone else having a Family Centered Cesarean?

• Great news! Thanks for making a difference.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • That's so great that you've not only advocated for yourself and your family but also made what will be a huge difference in many other womens' delivery experience! A lot of people may not feel comfortable enough or know how to do this for themselves, you should feel really good about the changes you've helped to make.
  • Loading the player...
  • That's cool you get to do that. I was very nauseous during my c section so I didn't want much to do with the baby bc I was gagging the whole time! Hopefully my next one in 18 days goes better!
  • What literature did you bring to your dr?
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • I honestly didn't know I could even ask for skin to skin after having a c sec. I had a vaginal birth with my daughter but am high risk this pg and have a very high likelihood of needing a c sec this time around. The no skin to skin was one of the things I was most sad about. I am going to ask my OB what he thinks. Thank you.
    High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"