Multiples
Options

Btdt MoMs....how did you know you were in labor?

So I've had a few bouts of threatened pre-T labor and am currently on procardia but I'd be lying if I said contractions, some painful still weren't a regular occurrence anyways.... Being a FTM I'm curious for those of you who have already done this...how did you know you were in labor and it was the real deal?

Re: Btdt MoMs....how did you know you were in labor?

• Options
    My water broke.  :-)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Options
    After an internal cervical exam I bled 24+ hours. And then my water broke. .
                         My fraternal twin boys. Born Sept 2013.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was induced :)
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It was a feeling that I could not talk through and had to walk to deal with it.
  • Options
    I had a few PTL trips to the ER as well before the real thing... they got stronger and closer together, drinking lots of water and a hot bath didn't make them quit, and by the time I got to the hospital I couldn't walk or talk through them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was induced too but close to the end I had more and more contrax. I had PTL issues and had contrax for many weeks. At first I couldn't feel them at all. Later I could feel them to count them, but they didn't hurt or get regular. They just went from a few each hour to many. I was induced when I dilated to 5cm.
  • Options
    I lost my plug and then had a slow trickle from Baby A's water breaking. It kind of felt like I was peeing myself. Eventually I laid down in bed and used a free app on my iPhone to try to time contractions. I think I was in a bit of denial.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"