December 2013 Moms
Options

Sleeping on back?

I try to sleep on my left side as much as possible. Dh said he wakes up sometimes and finds me sleeping on my back. I'm 33 weeks is it really bad to sleep on my back? I'm doing it in my sleep and even tried wedging a pillow behind me so I don't do it but seem to still be doing it.

Re: Sleeping on back?

• Options
    I sleep on my back all the time. I simply use two pillows at an angle instead of completely flat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    You'll be fine. If you or baby get too uncomfortable you'll wake up.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sleeping on your left side is recommends because It provides the best circulation. Its supposed to be fine if you can sleep on your back- any problem would cause enough discomfort to wake you.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Yea my doctors said as long as I'm not completely 180 flat or nauseas that its ok. I alternate between 2 pillows under my head, sleeping on my back and 1 pillow under my head while on my side. My ribs have been hurting from being on an angle.
  • Options
    You'll be fine. If you or baby get too uncomfortable you'll wake up.
    Yep. If it is comfortable, go for it. I sleep however I can-left side, right side, stomach, back, whatever works. Sadly it is extremely uncomfortable to sleep on my back these days :(
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I sleep on my back, was never told not to
  • Options
    I will occasionally end up on my back. I usually start having trouble breathing, so I don't stay there too long.

If I really want to lay that way, then I'll prop myself up with extra pillows or put one under my hip to give a slight angle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    If you're comfortable, don't switch it up now.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Options
    Sleep whatever way you can at this point!!!!
  • Options
    Personally, however I can get comfortable, I will sleep that way. For me, that's on my side or back.  The only way I can't sleep is on my tummy.
    Daisypath - (d3qY)
    Lilypie - (ATx7)

• Options
    The main reason they say to sleep/lay on your left side is for circulation and perfusion. If you are having problems with blood pressure laying on the left side increases the amount of blood flow to the kidneys which increases circulation to decrease the b/p. However, in your third trimester any way that you get sleep at this point is a good way!! I can't sleep on my back at all really. I toss and turn all night from side to side! Can't wait to have all four sides of sleeping back!!
  • Options
    Stomach sleeping...40 more days!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"