March 2012 Moms
Options

Ok ladies... help me out with some protein ideas

I need some non meat/egg protein ideas.. anyone got  any to share pls ?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ok ladies... help me out with some protein ideas

• Options
    Edamame

Greek yogurt

Quinoa

All good protein sources!
  • Options
    LilNunz1  never heard of the beans but he does eat other beans  pretty well..and he loves yoghurt .. I'll have to look up the quinoa and see about how to cook that  too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can find edamame in the freezer section. We love this recipe: https://pumpsandiron.com/2012/08/23/crispy-parmesan-garlic-edamame/
    Yummy snack!
  • Options
    ooh that might work.. thanks for the recipe and directions on finfing it..I would have been looking in the fresh section lol
  • Options
    @wipz, they come shelled and in pods. Use shelled for the above recipe. Sometimes for lunch I just eat the pod ones. You steam them, then put grainy salt on them and just suck them out of the pod. It is so yummy! Unlike beans, you don't eat the pod.
  • Options
    LilNunz1 said:
    @wipz, they come shelled and in pods. Use shelled for the above recipe. Sometimes for lunch I just eat the pod ones. You steam them, then put grainy salt on them and just suck them out of the pod. It is so yummy! Unlike beans, you don't eat the pod.
    He would lol
  • Options
    Wipz said:

LilNunz1 said:

He would lol

Dom needs unshelled then :)

• Options
    Chickpeas, lentils, any nut butters.

My Dom loves the yogurt in the squeeze tubes, I think Stoney farms makes them. We put them in the freezer and he eats them like ice pops so they are not so messy! Cottage cheese has tons of protein also.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"